• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
A number of Norths supporters being quite vocal on social media after Veresea scores a double on debut for GPS. Asking what is happening internally at the club for someone like him to leave.

Fair enough as well, Norths haven’t had the talent to be competitive for a long time, but at least they had a number of blokes who stayed loyal to the club. What’s changed?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

A number of Norths supporters being quite vocal on social media after Veresea scores a double on debut for GPS. Asking what is happening internally at the club for someone like him to leave.

Fair enough as well, Norths haven’t had the talent to be competitive for a long time, but at least they had a number of blokes who stayed loyal to the club. What’s changed?
Norths have had a lot of good talent come and go from the club in the past few years.
If they could keep them in the nest then they would be in a way better position.

Must be something in the water at Shaw Road that chases them away

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Norths have had a lot of good talent come and go from the club in the past few years.
If they could keep them in the nest then they would be in a way better position.

Must be something in the water at Shaw Road that chases them away

Yes but until recently the blokes in the tier of Maitatini had stayed strong - guys like Maafu, Ritchie and Chapman no doubt would have been getting offers to jump ship. Will be interesting to see if anything changes there.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Yes but until recently the blokes in the tier of Maitatini had stayed strong - guys like Maafu, Ritchie and Chapman no doubt would have been getting offers to jump ship. Will be interesting to see if anything changes there.
heres a sly tip - keep an eye on Zander

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Everyone has heard UQ on that score it would be poor of the QRU to let that happen.
So I expect it to be so
Pretty sure UQ havent chased him. He is fairly matey with some at UQ and is doing it by own choice by all accounts.

TBH he hasn't worn a Norths jersey much in the past 2 years so not sure he would be much value to any club.

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
Good pick up for us, but not sure the message it sends to kids like Harry Barker who played in the colts premiership last year who is playing reggies and could do a job there. Re Norths camp - the sooner they move their current colts group players and staff into the top grade the better I've heard - chalk and cheese as far as standards and training quality from all reports.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Pretty sure UQ havent chased him. He is fairly matey with some at UQ and is doing it by own choice by all accounts.

TBH he hasn't worn a Norths jersey much in the past 2 years so not sure he would be much value to any club.
Would he even make a prem grade side in any other club? I don’t know what Brad Thorn sees with him myself

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)

From what I’ve heard from mates close to the nest, Mataitini was rarely seen at training and wondered why he wasn’t getting picked in Premier Grade, so left….

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Pivotal game for both Easts and Souths tonight. You would have to suggest that the loser will be to far back to make a run at finals this year.
The winner will still need to go on a run.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Pivotal game for both Easts and Souths tonight. You would have to suggest that the loser will be to far back to make a run at finals this year.
The winner will still need to go on a run.
Might be worth a watch on Stan with the fire place lit and a red wine.
Should be a good game

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Brothers probably won't get as many players back from the Reds as first expected.

I think the only Super Rugby guys not involved with either the Wallabies or Aussie A are Flook (injured) and Lawson Creighton.

I have heard Taylar Adams is tipped to retain the 10 spot over Lawson. Interesting the player the Reds consider their next-best flyhalf won't be playing in that position in clubland. Although I think Adams is more of a genuine 10, whereas Lawson more versatile.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
If Brothers and GPS win their catch up matches, then the top four at the end of the first round will be Brothers, Wests, GPS and UQ. If Brothers or GPS lose then Bond could sneak into the top four. GPS will be rueing the paperwork error that cost them five competition points.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone watch the footy last night?

really great to randomly have qpr on Wednesday night. The tigers got out to a fairly comfortable lead but souths were persistent and hung around to make it a enjoyable match.

gorgeous George Francis with a pearler of a try. Ran about 30 metres there was a dummy and some fancy footwork.

thought only problem with souths last night was not understanding game management. Down by 11 and packing full arm penalty scrums in last 10 Minutes isn’t ideal.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

really great to randomly have qpr on Wednesday night. The tigers got out to a fairly comfortable lead but souths were persistent and hung around to make it a enjoyable match.

gorgeous George Francis with a pearler of a try. Ran about 30 metres there was a dummy and some fancy footwork.

thought only problem with souths last night was not understanding game management. Down by 11 and packing full arm penalty scrums in last 10 Minutes isn’t ideal.
while it was nice to watch a game midweek, I think I prefer daytime games in the sunshine.

Wonder how many of those lads turned up for work this morning?

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)

Just stupid discipline is a huge issue for Souths that is 6 yellow cards in two games.