• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Brothers have a club bye this weekend, hopefully giving the fields another dose of whatever they need.

I heard today the staph ward has increased to a dozen confirmed players across the club, with a handful more who can’t be bothered getting treatment (foolish). Might not sound like many, but honestly one is too many.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can just imagine the committee making these decisions. Probably full of marketing & events people who have no idea on logistics like parking, let alone the playing.

Imagine your Colts 2 team play at Crosby (aka Dettol Park) on Saturday in a game to make the GF and then half of them are asked to go down the M1 on Sunday as their "recovery" to bench for the Colts 1 team.

You mean the clubs? That's ultimately who make these decisions.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Mac Grealy named on the wing in UQ team.
Nick Jooste at 15.

Heenan is smart.
Probably more telling is TJ Siakisini named at 12.

Jake Pappin is going to very busy defensively, hope he gets a good night’s sleep. Not sure I would knowing what is coming at me tomorrow!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The games at Bond are quite perplexing.

I understand they want to share the love, but geez a knockout finals round where majority of the teams playing will likely be coming from the Northside of Brisbane.

The hour and thirty minute drive home after a loss will be a solemn affair no doubt!
Shit mate; I played a few season in regional Queensland where an hour and thirty minute bus trip would be a short weekend. Even then the Bus trips home were the best part of the journey, even after a loss.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Less whinging Re venues and more solutions folks. I’d like to think the powers that be keep an eye on GNG but who knows they are probably dining at James Street footed by junior rugby.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I wonder how long the Zander at tight head experiment will last, he doesn't look at all comfortable there and I'm not sure it's getting any better. At this stage I'll be surprised if UQ keep it up into the finals.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I wonder how long the Zander at tight head experiment will last, he doesn't look at all comfortable there and I'm not sure it's getting any better. At this stage I'll be surprised if UQ keep it up into the finals.

I wonder whether it’s the doing of Heenan, Thorn or simply Zander trying to show his versatility

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I wonder whether it’s the doing of Heenan, Thorn or simply Zander trying to show his versatility
Hard to say, I assumed it came from Thorn as it started around the time Fotuaika looked like he was gone, but with Uni having Aedo Kailea there it's in their interests to get them both on field too. I'm guessing it doesn't happen without Reds agreement at least, given Zander is contracted.

Edit: Fa'agase is with uni isn't he? If fit I would've thought he'd be playing. If they're carrying a bunch of injuries at tight head that could explain it.