• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

Bumble B

Stan Wickham (3)
Playing at Easts and Bond is not easy to start. The weather plus the Easts supporters call on all their socials this week could make a difference. Easts set piece and their kicking game will suit the conditions.

On the other hand the Bond/UQ game will come down to goal kicking I reckon as both teams love to run the ball and score tries. Bond have struggled with their conversions and this could hurt them tomorrow. This will be a cracking game to watch

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Next week Brothers host Bond while Easts have the bye.
The last round sees Bond host Easts. At this stage all three teams a chance of grabbing forth spot on the table.

Sunnybank get the chance to play spoiler with games against UQ and Brothers.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Sunnybank have scored 43 and 49 the previous 2 weeks.

They’ll be right in the contests no doubt in those games against UQ & Brothers. In round 1 beat UQ & then lost to Filth 27-26 the next week.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What are Easts and Bond realistic chances of making finals now?
It can only be one of them given they play each other, but the top 4 have a game in hand on Easts and bond are a few points further behind. A lot will come down to the Brothers vs Bond game next week - if Bond get up then it's a 3-way race between Easts, Bond and Brothers, if not their relying on some of the lower teams getting upsets to keep them in touch. Even then it's tough - Wests are already safe, UQ only need a couple of losing bp's and GPS only one win to be safe I think.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Bond v UQ yesterday

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
As has been said on this forum previously, I don't get how the Magpies can be doing so well in reggies and other grades and Prems just suck.

Because a bunch of their 1st grade standard players don’t like the coach and would rather stay in 2nds.

Theo Fourie has also been given a full Rebels contract next year, which means he will likely be moving to Wests or playing Super Rugby. That will be a massive loss for them.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Sunnybank have scored 43 and 49 the previous 2 weeks.

They’ll be right in the contests no doubt in those games against UQ & Brothers. In round 1 beat UQ & then lost to Filth 27-26 the next week.

Yep for sure - I could be wrong but have their improved outings coincided with Saifoloi’s arrival at the club? Pretty sure he’s only played 6 or so games this year and he’s been leading them around well from flyhalf or fullback

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
So I think, if GPS beat Souths this weekend, they're locked into the top 4

And if Brothers beat Bond, it will mean Easts have to beat Bond by around 50+ points the following week to leapfrog Brother's into 4th.

Maths could be wrong, but I think that's the scenarios.

My Gallopers will be hoping Sunnybank cause an upset this weekend which gives them a chance to sneak into the top 2 in the final week.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
So I think, if GPS beat Souths this weekend, they're locked into the top 4

And if Brothers beat Bond, it will mean Easts have to beat Bond by around 50+ points the following week to leapfrog Brother's into 4th.

Maths could be wrong, but I think that's the scenarios.

My Gallopers will be hoping Sunnybank cause an upset this weekend which gives them a chance to sneak into the top 2 in the final week.
Think if Brothers beat Bond it puts Bond's season to bed and as you say nearly does the same to Easts.

Easts have the worst PD out of the three . Bond currently +116, Brothers +94 and Easts +55.

Easts basically want and Bond win over Brothers , then beat Bond in the final round and hope for Sunnybank to spoil Brothers' season.

That's before you factor in what might happen with UQ and GPS.

It's tight with Wests the only certainty to play finals ATM.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Think if Brothers beat Bond it puts Bond's season to bed and as you say nearly does the same to Easts.

Easts have the worst PD out of the three . Bond currently +116, Brothers +94 and Easts +55.

Easts basically want and Bond win over Brothers , then beat Bond in the final round and hope for Sunnybank to spoil Brothers' season.

That's before you factor in what might happen with UQ and GPS.

It's tight with Wests the only certainty to play finals ATM.
1660528395232.jpeg