• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

lets just pump the brakes on the slinging matches lads and talk about how important the next couple of weeks are going to be for some teams.

anyone predicting the final top 4? any suprises? would love to see Bond make the 4, if thats even possible.
Games to Play ( plus my predictions)

Wests - Norths and Souths - 2 wins - +8 (10) points = 65
UQ - Sunnybank and GPS - 2 wins - +8 Points = 60
GPS - Souths and UQ - 1 win - 5 points = 53
Brothers - Bond and Sunnybank - 1 win - + 4 pints = 51 points ( make the 4 by for and against)
Easts - BYE and Bond - 1 win - + 4 points = 51 points
Bond - Brothers and Easts - 1 win +4 points = 48 points

Sunnybank - UQ and Brothers
Souths - GPS and Wests
Norths - Wests and BYE

An upset or two, some games really too close to call and bonus points will mean that we wont know until the final whistle of round 18 to see who will be in positions 2,3,4 and the finals.

I reckon Bond are a real long shot to make the 4. Have to beat Brothers and Easts and hope for some other results to fall their way (ie Sunnybank beat Brothers as well)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I reckon Bond are a real long shot to make the 4. Have to beat Brothers and Easts and hope for some other results to fall their way (ie Sunnybank beat Brothers as well)
It is largely in their hands at this stage though - if Bond win both games Brothers would have to pick up 2 bonus points and beat Sunnybank to stay ahead of them on the table, and bond already have a superior points difference by 24 points, so if they end up even it'll be Bond that goes through. It's definitely a harder path than Brothers have though.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
if this bond win over brothers happens with the required bonus point distribution. I think channel 9 should scrap the UQ vs GPS fixture last round and broadcast bond vs Easts… nothing more exciting than a game with playoff implications on the line.

I know Brothers are absolutely seething they let a 22-0 lead slip away on the weekend.

It'll be interesting to see how they bounce back, there isn't a lot of energy at the moment.

Have heard that internally they are filthy with how Hoopert performed as well, for a bloke with so much Super Rugby experience.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I know Brothers are absolutely seething they let a 22-0 lead slip away on the weekend.

It'll be interesting to see how they bounce back, there isn't a lot of energy at the moment.

Have heard that internally they are filthy with how Hoopert performed as well, for a bloke with so much Super Rugby experience.
always hurts getting done after that sort of lead is established.

One thing, easts does have is patience and belief.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Mate I have more of connection with Souths than you might reckon, including several of the current players in the Premier side and coaching staff at the club. If none of the chat is legitimate, why is Dammers leaving?

If you're very connected with the club - tell me, is it untrue that a number of 2nd grade players who were picked in 1sts approached Dammers in 2021 and 2022 and requested to continue playing 2nd grade?

Every time someone mentions ill of Souths as a club, blokes come out of the woodwork blowing up.

The fact is the 1st grade side has been shithouse for a number of years, the same mumblings each year. If you want to keep your head in the sand, that is fine.

I have also come out on these forums and defended Dammers as a person many times, I had a great time working with him at GPS. But the fact is that he rubs players the wrong way. I also came out in support of him after his interview on Clubland earlier this season where he wanted to get Souths back on track after the Picone crap.
I think Life Membership of Souths and more than 50 years of playing, coaching, administration and volunteering would qualify as well connected with the Club. I am in regular conversation with the coaching staff of both Premier Grade and Reserve Grade and the players in both teams and not once in the last three years has the issue of refusing to play Prems ever been raised. No player has approached the coaching staff of Reggies and indicated that they don't want to play Prems.
So how about stopping trolling Todd Dammers on this forum and allow him to make personal decisions regarding his family life and his Rugby coaching life balance without trying to invent some sinister motivations.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I think Life Membership of Souths and more than 50 years of playing, coaching, administration and volunteering would qualify as well connected with the Club. I am in regular conversation with the coaching staff of both Premier Grade and Reserve Grade and the players in both teams and not once in the last three years has the issue of refusing to play Prems ever been raised. No player has approached the coaching staff of Reggies and indicated that they don't want to play Prems.
So how about stopping trolling Todd Dammers on this forum and allow him to make personal decisions regarding his family life and his Rugby coaching life balance without trying to invent some sinister motivations.

No worries mate - I can't be bothered arguing about a coach who's name likely won't be brought up on these forums again. I don't have any ill will towards Dammers, as I have said multiple times, but facts are facts and he's moving on from another role. Don't think it's just me starting some rumours either, there has been a lot of smoke about Souths for a while from multiple people here, I doubt it's the same person operating 10 accounts.

I can say with certainty that you're not hearing the full story from these players you're in contact with frequently. I don't think this conversation needs to take up any more time on the thread, but happy for you to message me on this if you want to keep going.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Must be Magpie mating season

Two old heads not aligned and fighting for the same bird.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
always hurts getting done after that sort of lead is established.

One thing, easts does have is patience and belief.
They very nearly rolled UQ the week before after UQ got away to a very handy lead coming into half time. Easts seem to be making a habit of strong finishes .

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I haven't been out to Ballymore for ages, but it seems the exterior fields are still intact and able to be played and trained on.

Is there a reason why they aren't hosting lower grade finals this year? I understand there could be capacity problems for 1st/2nd grade supporters, but I would have thought hosting the other teams would avoid biased home ground location issues at Brothers, GPS, Bond and Wests.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Yep makes sense - based on the aerial shots of the redevelopment I thought the change rooms etc were intact which ran along one of the fields, but probably not enough space or amenities to host multiple games a game.

Will help the clubs out as well who get to host.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Catering Phil. No infrastructure for catering.

Clubs have volunteers and week to week experience of hosting and hospitality protocol in place.
call in the food trucks like some clubs do.

but dunnys will be an issue

Bumble B

Stan Wickham (3)
Would somewhere like Nudgee not work well? They have multiple fields in great condition and more than enough facilities to cater for crowds including parking. How good would it be to have all the games in the same location.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Would somewhere like Nudgee not work well? They have multiple fields in great condition and more than enough facilities to cater for crowds including parking. How good would it be to have all the games in the same location.
All of the schools are alcohol free venues from my understanding. Club venues are ok I just think Brothers and wests fields are in poor shape.

Like many others getting back to Ballymore will be excellent

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

All of the schools are alcohol free venues from my understanding. Club venues are ok I just think Brothers and wests fields are in poor shape.

Like many others getting back to Ballymore will be excellent
Gregory terrace and churchie have beers and wine at games now. I am sure the commercial arrangemments to host would sort out a liquor license .

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Gregory terrace and churchie have beers and wine at games now. I am sure the commercial arrangemments to host would sort out a liquor license .
Only after FT in First XV, not all day.

Terrace does host functions at Tennyson that involve the sale of alcohol, so maybe some temporary licence is possible.
The facilities would normally be perfect for QPR finals , unfortunately the canteen and bbq areas are still under repair from flooding.