• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I like how the UQ coach are giving Grealy the opportunity to play outside centre.
I would like to see him at 10 sometime as well. Apparently a Downlands Schoolboy superstar in that role.
Might be the missing piece for Thorn.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
none have played Super Rugby though. Unlike Thomas who has played for a couple of years and was in the Australia A squad.

yeah I thought there was some rule preventing fully contracted super rugby players participating in colts footy?

It’s why Confucius says bought it up cause there was allegations of wests colts breaking all the rules in colts 1 game versus brothers cause they stacked it.

anyways… personally I think age should be the only determine requirement for colts rugby…

thomas 9 and Lynagh 10 - that could be our future reds halves pairing in next couple years if Tate looks for greener grasses frustrated stuck behind a less talented depth chart of Nic White & Jake Gordon.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
yes. He should play reserve grade. A good humbling opportunity for him
Punting the reserve grade 9 for one game because Rennie wants Tate to have some game time only disrupts the 2nd Grade team. The Wallaby players back are only likely to play 40mins.

I personally would have thought Thomas as a fresh reserve for 1st Grade likely getting the second 40mins would have been fine, but I’m not the coach and Thomas does still qualify for Colts. If it’s a humbling experience you are after , I think starting Colts fits the bill .

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Just had a look at the 2nd Grade lineups that are up on Rugby Xplorer, not all up yet, but the stand out for me is Michael Wood playing #5 for Brothers.

Interesting journey , Aussie U20’s in the row, picked up by the Tahs as a backrower, had a crack transitioning into the front row , now back in the row for Reggies playing along side his good mate’s brother in Will Wilson. That’s a pretty handy Reggies second row pairing.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Punting the reserve grade 9 for one game because Rennie wants Tate to have some game time only disrupts the 2nd Grade team. The Wallaby players back are only likely to play 40mins.

I personally would have thought Thomas as a fresh reserve for 1st Grade likely getting the second 40mins would have been fine, but I’m not the coach and Thomas does still qualify for Colts. If it’s a humbling experience you are after , I think starting Colts fits the bill .
I believe one of the reasons KT left Souths in 2021, was he felt he should be playing Prems not Colts 1 or Reggies. Will be interesting where he plays.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Just had a look at the 2nd Grade lineups that are up on Rugby Xplorer, not all up yet, but the stand out for me is Michael Wood playing #5 for Brothers.

Interesting journey , Aussie U20’s in the row, picked up by the Tahs as a backrower, had a crack transitioning into the front row , now back in the row for Reggies playing along side his good mate’s brother in Will Wilson. That’s a pretty handy Reggies second row pairing.
Tahs are the ones who started transitioning him to prop, even more odd as he was signed as a lock/backrower, a couple of injuries along the way haven't helped

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tahs are the ones who started transitioning him to prop, even more odd as he was signed as a lock/backrower, a couple of injuries along the way haven't helped

He was getting minced by Reggies props a couple months back. Cracked the shits one game and marched off.

Handy player, but quite emotional on the field, sometimes too much so.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Vunivalu making some good runs, Wests look like they're learning how to use some of their test quality outside backs.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Well worked try for Brothers, O'Connor and Stewart key to creating it (though the whole backline had a hand in it)