• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Rugby.com.au has Fa'agase back for UQ to play 40 minutes this week. Should be a big boost to their scrum which has been a bit of a weakness lately.
Think the perceived weakness is because of constant change in the second row. Seem to have used a lot of fellas in the locking spots but yet to settle on a definitive pair. So far this year all of these have started with a 4 or 5 on their back at some time.

Dylan Rowe
Pat Morrey
Michael VDS (Colts)
Robinson (Colts)
Conor Mitchell
Isaac Kailea
Fergus Lillicrap
Ash Whitehead
Nese Solia
Nuku Swerling
Tom VDS

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Like the options Twidale and Thomas have this weekend, flat ball to Siakisini running the 10/12 channel or out the back to Campbell feeding Jooste/Grealy/Oats.

TJ will definitely make the inside defenders hold. Henry at 13 will have some tough defensive decisions to make . Has he played much 13?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There are full Head Injury Protocols that are implemented and administered by Rugby Australia.

They are stringent and based on player welfare as the first objective.

For Brad to be playing he must have passed all the assessments and benchmarks.

I know Heather Arthy wold not let him play if he wasn't 100% medically cleared.

Heather has provided the following commentarty:

"Brad passed all the questions immediately after the late and high hit from Krisi. He was taken off at half time purely as precautionary because for some reason he had a very sore jaw… and not having X-ray vision I didn’t want to risk him potentially having a fracture there. Despite being extremely confident he was not concussed he saw our club doc this week and passed the Scat 5 with flying colours, to which we can produce the paperwork if the QRU wishes. I appreciate the confidence expressed in me that I would put player welfare above a game result. After performing mouth to mouth resuscitation on Halley at those grounds 11 years ago I never ever want to experience anything like that again so I have a low threshold to remove any potential concussion from the game.

and if anyone thinks otherwise then I’m happy for them to speak to me face to face at GPS on Saturday. I’ll be there all day. But they had better be prepared if they are accusing me of mismanagement…."

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Like the options Twidale and Thomas have this weekend, flat ball to Siakisini running the 10/12 channel or out the back to Campbell feeding Jooste/Grealy/Oats.

TJ will definitely make the inside defenders hold. Henry at 13 will have some tough defensive decisions to make . Has he played much 13?

Mate TJ is going to have his own difficulty stopping Raboiliku.

going to be like shooting 2 cannonballs at one another. I can’t wait for that contact zone impact between the 2 form crash ball inside centres of the comp.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Thought it was worth sharing that I was down at brothers last Friday for a kids birthday. He plays juniors at brothers and his favourite player is Tayler Adams. Not sure exactly how it came about but the Dad asked Tayler if would be possible to come down and say hello to the young fella on the day.

Not only did he say yes, he brought Mosiah Christian and another prems player (sorry didn’t know who he was) to play with the kids for a bit. I think they were originally meant to come for 30min but they ended up staying for an hour and a half, played touch non stop and even did autographs at the end. All of the kids where so pumped and loved every minute of it.

The parents tried to offer the players money for all the effort but they wouldn’t have a bar of it.

It was so great to see these boys giving back just for the love of it and wierdly now has me cheering for brothers as my second team

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Heather has provided the following commentarty:

"Brad passed all the questions immediately after the late and high hit from Krisi. He was taken off at half time purely as precautionary because for some reason he had a very sore jaw… and not having X-ray vision I didn’t want to risk him potentially having a fracture there. Despite being extremely confident he was not concussed he saw our club doc this week and passed the Scat 5 with flying colours, to which we can produce the paperwork if the QRU wishes. I appreciate the confidence expressed in me that I would put player welfare above a game result. After performing mouth to mouth resuscitation on Halley at those grounds 11 years ago I never ever want to experience anything like that again so I have a low threshold to remove any potential concussion from the game.

and if anyone thinks otherwise then I’m happy for them to speak to me face to face at GPS on Saturday. I’ll be there all day. But they had better be prepared if they are accusing me of mismanagement…."
love your style and work Heather.
no way ever was there a shot being fired at you (by me)

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Mate TJ is going to have his own difficulty stopping Raboiliku.

going to be like shooting 2 cannonballs at one another. I can’t wait for that contact zone impact between the 2 form crash ball inside centres of the comp.
Yep , didn’t for a second mean he will run rampant, just the options it gives Twidale, who I rate as a clever ball player.

Should be a cracking contest .

Wilson

David Codey (61)
UQ scrum under pressure from the first feed, gives away a penalty. Discipline a bit of an issue for UQ so far in general.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Really poor work from Tauakipulu. That ball could have stayed in the maul and they were in.
Yeah, he'll be embarrassed to have been denied by the smallest man on the field. I do think Wests should've just taken the 3 there though.

Cracking game so far, really even and tense. Dobbins is in everything, the more I see of him the more I want to see.