• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
By my reconning of 10 wins to make finals - Uni (3 wins & a draw) need to win 6 or 7 of their last 7 games.

Mind you a loss for Souths would put the Magpies under some pressure.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I have a few names I want to run by you and see likelyhood they play qpr this year or in coming seasons and what club they’d be align too

I think chance some could happen this year.

Sam Greene - when is his contract up in Japan? I think his back in Brisbane atm via social media

Lukhan Salakai-Loto - just signed with rebels (could put south’s in favourable position for post season success)

Rob Leota - still to return from injury. Will need club rugby match fitness

Taniela Tupou - same as Rob Leota

Rusted

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have a few names I want to run by you and see likelyhood they play qpr this year or in coming seasons and what club they’d be align too

I think chance some could happen this year.

Sam Greene - when is his contract up in Japan? I think his back in Brisbane atm via social media

Lukhan Salakai-Loto - just signed with rebels (could put south’s in favourable position for post season success)

Rob Leota - still to return from injury. Will need club rugby match fitness

Taniela Tupou - same as Rob Leota
Souths will be hoping LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) won't be drafted by Wests

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Souths will be hoping LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) won't be drafted by Wests

pretty sure that won’t happen. All the former reds who have established qld roots have been welcome to align to their former clubs.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was one of the good qpr stories last year playing for bottom dwelling souths.

Souths looks to be serious contenders this year and as long as LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is available for qpr he could be just what they need to crack the top 4.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
pretty sure that won’t happen. All the former reds who have established qld roots have been welcome to align to their former clubs.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was one of the good qpr stories last year playing for bottom dwelling souths.

Souths looks to be serious contenders this year and as long as LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is available for qpr he could be just what they need to crack the top 4.
I think Theo Fourie, who is with the Rebels and with whom Lukhan played at Souths, will be a strong force in ensuring that he comes back to the Nest.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was one of the good qpr stories last year playing for bottom dwelling souths.

Souths looks to be serious contenders this year and as long as LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is available for qpr he could be just what they need to crack the top 4.
When is the registration dead line?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

Is there a chance Chris Feauai-Sautia plays? What a weapon in 2015

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What are the thoughts as to the top 4 - 8 weeks out from finals.
As SX pointed out earlier in the week the two games to watch in terms of finals aspirations this week are: Easts v Bond and Uni v Souths.

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Wests field looks absolutely awful on TV. Not sure what has gone wrong with all the money they have spent there. Is it is bad as it looks?