• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
Now that 1st half of the season is done, I have included my QPR team of the year so far. Interested to hear who you would change.

1. Harrison Lloyd (Brothers)
  2. Ethan Dobbins (Wests)
  3. Rhys Sheriff (Bond)
  4. Lachlan Connors (Bond)
  5. Fred Fewtrell (Easts)
  6. Ravuama Vuetanavanua (Sunnybank)
  7. Kohan Herbert (Souths)
  8. Jeff Ikani (Norths)
  9. Mosiah Christian (Brothers)
  10. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips (Souths)
  11. Junior Laloifi (Sunnybank)
  12. Michael Bond (Brothers)
  13. Dan Boardman (Bond)
  14. Rhian Stowers (Bond)
  15. Lachlan Sperling (University)
RESERVES

16. Max Craig (Easts)
17. Liam Usher (Wests)
18. Jethro Felemi (GPS)
19. Ollie Bartlett (GPS)
20. John Bryant (Souths)
21. Eli Pilz (Easts)
22. Tyler Campbell (Bond)
23. Hamish Muir (Norths)
With Bond on top of the table not surprised with how many you reckon are in the top team.

Easts however have got 1 which normally I would be scratching my head at BUT i think I actually agree. Shows that they are playing as a team more than stand out individuals.

Vudongo from wests i would have ahead of Laloifi. Hes been pretty electric. and same as Glen Vaihu in the centres somewhere.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
UQ vs GPS on Saturday. I know neither team in the top 4 but this still feels like game of the week considering the rivalry and what’s at stake with 2 teams trailing trying to keep pace with the top 4.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Now that 1st half of the season is done, I have included my QPR team of the year so far. Interested to hear who you would change.

1. Harrison Lloyd (Brothers)
  2. Ethan Dobbins (Wests)
  3. Rhys Sheriff (Bond)
  4. Lachlan Connors (Bond)
  5. Fred Fewtrell (Easts)
  6. Ravuama Vuetanavanua (Sunnybank)
  7. Kohan Herbert (Souths)
  8. Jeff Ikani (Norths)
  9. Mosiah Christian (Brothers)
  10. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips (Souths)
  11. Junior Laloifi (Sunnybank)
  12. Michael Bond (Brothers)
  13. Dan Boardman (Bond)
  14. Rhian Stowers (Bond)
  15. Lachlan Sperling (University)
RESERVES

16. Max Craig (Easts)
17. Liam Usher (Wests)
18. Jethro Felemi (GPS)
19. Ollie Bartlett (GPS)
20. John Bryant (Souths)
21. Eli Pilz (Easts)
22. Tyler Campbell (Bond)
23. Hamish Muir (Norths)
With respect I find it difficult to comprehend some of these selections e.g. Junior Laloifi really did his best work for BNE City in the 2014/2015 NRC - why not Hannah(Bros), Carerra (Easts), Drui (Easts). Bit tough on Max Craig being the leading try scorer not getting a look in. I think that there are a few more dangerous #12&#13 running around than Boardman who I respect but he is not in top 2 centres in the competition. If Bond not in top spot he wouldn’t get a look in. I respect his leadership though. Got some issues with #6, #7 & #8 too.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
With respect I find it difficult to comprehend some of these selections e.g. Junior Laloifi really did his best work for BNE City in the 2014/2015 NRC - why not Hannah(Bros), Carerra (Easts), Drui (Easts). Bit tough on Max Craig being the leading try scorer not getting a look in. I think that there are a few more dangerous #12&#13 running around than Boardman who I respect but he is not in top 2 centres in the competition. If Bond not in top spot he wouldn’t get a look in. I respect his leadership though. Got some issues with #6, #7 & #8 too.
- Laloifi has held together the Sunnybank backline and the team.
- Max Craig is listed as reserve hooker. You can’t tell me he’s played better than Dobbins. Yes he’s 2nd leading try scorer but how many of those weren’t from mauls….
- Boardman may not be the most dangerous but he is easily the most consistent centre in QPR alongside Paddy James. Would love to know who you think is deserved of a spot here
- Would love to also know which 6,7,8 you find to have been more dominant than those 3?

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wasn’t this picked on the first 9 rounds?Hannah scored 5 tries in the first game then did an ACL didn’t he?
Boardman is one of the most consistent and underrated players in QPR. I would have him everyday over others.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can I suggest that 6-8 should have come from the top 4 tacklers. Granted Herbert was in your selection.
1685513942531.png

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
just watched the wests vs sunnybank highlights and sheesh thats some abysmal defence by sunnybank. Nearly all the tries were from 50 metres out.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Look if Pat Morrey is not in the best 15 players in QPR you are kidding yourself. The man can play anywhere between 4-8 in my opinion. He does it with very little fuss.

One of the other guys who just does it week in week out is Tom Milosovic.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Look if Pat Morrey is not in the best 15 players in QPR you are kidding yourself. The man can play anywhere between 4-8 in my opinion. He does it with very little fuss.

One of the other guys who just does it week in week out is Tom Milosovic.

For the sake of the exercise. Would be nice to see you list your 1 thru 23 and pay special attention to your qpr backrower.

interested to see if Morrey is a smokey out of position for your second row. so you can choose all the other fine 6s, 7s & 8s getting around clubland.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The trial of the "points cap" system begins this weekend. It would be interesting to see the points tallies for each of the 9 Premier Grade teams for this weekend.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
The trial of the "points cap" system begins this weekend. It would be interesting to see the points tallies for each of the 9 Premier Grade teams for this weekend.

Is the trial simply being used to inform teams where they would sit if the cap was in place?

Or will there be players stood down during the trial if a team is deemed over the cap?