• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
East making moves with Ravai - I hear Lucas Ripley has also been offered a Tiger invitation, time will tell.

Ravai confirmed with Easts

Alex Mafi (now with the Rebels) has also left Bond and joined GPS. Could play a big part in the later rounds if not with the Wallabies.

Last edited:

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Ravai confirmed with Easts

Alex Mafi (now with the Rebels) has also left Bond and joined GPS. Could play a big part in the later rounds if not with the Wallabies.

Very strange Mafi would end up at GPS (didn’t he have a brother playing for Brothers?) I would have assumed Mafi went to wests… the bulldogs always on the lookout for quality hookers!

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
A few more familar names coming through the woodwork.

Criff Tupou apparently down training with Brothers. Mixed reactions down there to his return.

Tevita Kuridrani apparently either done in France or doesn't have a contract. Likely to retire in Brisbane and could play for GPS. Apparently Nemani Nadolo has sought special clearance from the Tahs to play QPR instead of Shute Shield when Super Rugby finishes, to play for GPS also alongside Tevita and likely Chris would return if the others did.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

Criff Tupou apparently down training with Brothers. Mixed reactions down there to his return.

Tevita Kuridrani apparently either done in France or doesn't have a contract. Likely to retire in Brisbane and could play for GPS. Apparently Nemani Nadolo has sought special clearance from the Tahs to play QPR instead of Shute Shield when Super Rugby finishes, to play for GPS also alongside Tevita and likely Chris would return if the others did.
That GPS backline looking savage. Wouldn't hate it if Tevita was bought into the Reds squad either, though we don't really need outside centres. Surprised he isn't popping back up at the Force.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)

how likely is Nadolo?

It be nice for the Tahs to show that kind of compassion to a veteran player but it would set a ugly precedent… I don’t think QLD/NSW are formidable partners like that… more like petty rivals

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
how likely is Nadolo?

It be nice for the Tahs to show that kind of compassion to a veteran player but it would set a ugly precedent… I don’t think QLD/NSW are formidable partners like that… more like petty rivals
Western Sydney Two Blues are flogging him as a big signing for their club, can't imagine they'd be too pumped either.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
how likely is Nadolo?

It's not entirely without precedent already though - Faessler stuck with Randwick last year after being picked up by the Reds. With him only signed on for the year and pretty likely to retire at the end of it I can't see them being too worried about it.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
how likely is Nadolo?

I think that's more of a 'what could be' situation than what is likely.

For example I believe Chris Kuridrani technically retired after last year. It would take a number of stars lining up for him to come back along with Nadolo.

For reference though, Nadolo has regularly trained down at GPS when back in the country. So it's not something totally out of the blue.

But as diablo also mentions, he's being spruiked by a SS team as a signing, so it seems unlikely the will play in QPR.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah I mean what’s good for the game isn’t necessarily what’s good for the Tahs!

would of been nice to see him playing qpr/gps considering the history there