• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Kalani does seem to have a bit of an attitude problem. Hard for me to say this not knowing man … but the body language during the games and the penalties I’ve seen where referees don’t tolerate him being lippy.

dont see those traits on the telecast when Spencer jeans is donning the reds jersey.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think Kalani is more than good enough to get a gig in any of the other teams (excluding the Brumbies) - however my feelers tell me he is looking at NZ, thought Tate played well on the weekend but up until then he has not really played that well for a while IMO.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Good on him, i don’t have a problem with a player who is clearly 2nd fiddle shifting to an another Super Rugby club where he has more of a chance of starting. It’s his career and he is allowed to make those choices, and it’s reasonable assessment that he recognises he isn’t better then Tate and therefore not likely to become the primary halfback anytime soon.

Putmeoncoach

Allen Oxlade (6)
Did anyone see the red card given in the souths game for the Norths prop? I know norths would have still lost, but talk about killing a game early on. Norths playing a man down for the rest of the game with only 20 mins played or something like that.

It looked like a decent hit. at worst a yellow I suppose :rolleyes:. Rugby has gone soft.
It was actually their #8. He played on the Sunny Coast last year and Otago before that. He bounced a few high calibre players at Brisvegas 7s last year. I think he just wanted to make a statement and backfired.

MoneyBill685

Ward Prentice (10)
UQ - Nuku Swerling (8), Twidale (12)
GPS - Hudson Meyer (9)
West - Whiteside (10) Werchon (15) Mason Gordon, Zac Hough 2nd Grade.
Nuku Swerling i agree with. Powerhouse.

not a fan of morrison at GPS hey? he had big wraps on him after his little stint in NZ NPC back end of last year.

Some big names there for wests being dropped. very interesting

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Some big names there for wests being dropped. very interesting

think this is hypothetical & only sir Charles opinion.

I can’t see Mason getting dropped as he set up two tries over weekend.

I’d personally be dropping the flyhalf who came up from Canberra until he can adjust to the speed and physicality of QPR. he looked a little lost playing premier grade..

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not saying Mason is a bad player, I just dont think he is their best option at 15 the same with Zac at 7 - Jakob Morrison did a great job for Souths last year and did play for the Southland Stags NPC team, but Hudson IMO is one of the best 9s in the comp and after reading the Captains Pre Season review it would seem that he thinks so as well.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
UQ - Nuku Swerling (8), Twidale (12)
GPS - Hudson Meyer (9)
West - Whiteside (10) Werchon (15) Mason Gordon, Zac Hough 2nd Grade.
I believe Werchon is a 15 too but that’s not going to happen in the short term.
Wests will be compelled by RA to play Hough and Gordon, albeit they don’t both need to start. Gordon at 10 and Whiteside at 15.
Hough back to Colts. Bond are a good team that cannot be underestimated. They look cohesive, hungry and united. Very balanced side with plenty of points in them.

Thought the 9, Morrison was solid but GPS just relaxed at 19-0 and didn’t respect the ability of the opposition to chip away, make some smart personnel changes (2 UQ guys above) and fight back. The 2 yellow cards to GPS compounded the complacency. Huge missed opportunity to chalk up an away win with a good margin. Especially v UniQ.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I believe Werchon is a 15 too but that’s not going to happen in the short term.
Wests will be compelled by Rugby Australia to play Hough and Gordon, albeit they don’t both need to start. Gordon at 10 and Whiteside at 15.
Hough back to Colts. Bond are a good team that cannot be underestimated. They look cohesive, hungry and united. Very balanced side with plenty of points in them.

Thought the 9, Morrison was solid but GPS just relaxed at 19-0 and didn’t respect the ability of the opposition to chip away, make some smart personnel changes (2 UQ guys above) and fight back. The 2 yellow cards to GPS compounded the complacency. Huge missed opportunity to chalk up an away win with a good margin. Especially v UniQ.
Can't see why RA would get involved around Gordon and Hough. Wests may be keen to keep the Rebels onside though but it would still be their decision.