• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Red Twist

Allen Oxlade (6)
That is my point from up above, it's a bit confusing because I don't think this list is produced by the QRU or Premier Rugby. Teams were just asked to provide who they believed are IN or OUT for their side, some have omitted guys going to Super Rugby teams, others are including them.

For example Norths have got a whole bunch of players listed as 'Transitioned From Colts', I imagine every team in the comp has a number of players doing that but they have chosen not to include them in the list.
It's better than nothing, or worse. Internet rumours.

Downtown

Frank Row (1)
Can do, uso
Good to see club rugby getting exposure this early in the year. The grassroots and community rugby clubs are the thriving heartbeat of Aus rugby and we need more of it. Hopefully the reds qpr media team second this and provide even more insights into our qpr clubs.

good to see the clubs who have been cellar dwellers for a while be boosted by reds, new players, returning players and transitioning players. Is anyone out there brave enough to give their fearless predictions (table positions) yet?

LevitatingSocks

Chris McKivat (8)
Good to see club rugby getting exposure this early in the year. The grassroots and community rugby clubs are the thriving heartbeat of Aus rugby and we need more of it. Hopefully the reds qpr media team second this and provide even more insights into our qpr clubs.

good to see the clubs who have been cellar dwellers for a while be boosted by reds, new players, returning players and transitioning players. Is anyone out there brave enough to give their fearless predictions (table positions) yet?
I think there's a couple guys pushing social media content centered around the QPR and not just Prems. Ralph Noga is one of them. Would be really good for the game if that continues.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I note Brothers are selling tickets to their northern grandstand?
Not according to the article on Rugby.com.au by Jim Tucker. Free entry is quoted at the end of the article.
It's both - the game is free entry but Brothers are selling a variety of packages (club lunch, drinks package, etc) which include a guaranteed seat in the Northern grand stand. The rest of the seating/standing space should be open to everyone.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Few Rebels still in the wests team.

IMG_5378.jpeg

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
a lot of unknown names on that list.
Will be interesting to see if anyone unknown goes into higher honours.
heard that this Speight guy might be quite useful :). Where has Henry been? Good to see him back in club, is he hoping to pick up a Super Rugby gig?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
heard that this Speight guy might be quite useful :). Where has Henry been? Good to see him back in club, is he hoping to pick up a Super Rugby gig?
Back from Biarritz after they were relegated. I'd be surprised if he was pushing hard for a Super Contract at 36, probably just capping off his career with a season or two for the fun of it. That said if he still has a good turn of pace he could be a handy call up if the Reds have an injury crisis in the outside backs.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know I have mentioned this before but it really irritates me - the Brothers bloke who wears the “medic” bib - poor young Charlie Brosnan laying seriously injured on the field and he’s in the Brothers huddle screaming instructions. He didn’t even help carry Charlie off the field. Mate are you really a medic? I sense you aren’t so don’t abuse the privilege and responsibility of the red bib.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know I have mentioned this before but it really irritates me - the Brothers bloke who wears the “medic” bib - poor young Charlie Brosnan laying seriously injured on the field and he’s in the Brothers huddle screaming instructions. He didn’t even help carry Charlie off the field. Mate are you really a medic? I sense you aren’t so don’t abuse the privilege and responsibility of the red bib.
He is a repeat offender but the club doesn’t sanction him.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Great day at Crosby yesterday. It was a festival of rugby - I’m guessing the bar and canteen did huge numbers - propping up the books of QPR’s evil empire.

Unsure what a Australian club rugby championship looks like but the past 2 events having curtain raiser games of significance (last year qpr woman vs Shute shield Sheilas) and this year with qpr runners up vs Canberra rugby… I think the blueprint for the comp is somewhere in there.

Does anyone know why Brisbane has hosted the club championship game 2 years in a row? Only thought is last year with it being Sydney Uni - maybe they don’t have the flexibility with their own grounds considering they share it with other university sports?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Only thought is last year with it being Sydney Uni - maybe they don’t have the flexibility with their own grounds considering they share it with other university sports?

Might be something to do with it. Uni play on oval 2 which can be configured for soccer while oval 1 is cricket at this times of year.

Coogee oval (Randwick) is cricket right now as well

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wests smashed the Vikings 52-19.

Some suggesting the Vikings send a reserve team given their level of unfitness.
Not sure what prep was like for Vikings, game was reportedly a late decision.
As of Tuesday last week they were still booked in for a trial game against Southern Districts in Sydney. SD ended doing a 1st v 2nd game.