• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tarabs

they should really get tom given to take over goal kicking duties for GPS 3, it's his most dangerous asset, probably one of, if not the premier goal kicker in the state, up there with greene for sure.

L

LightDarkBlue

The last couple of days of play at Ballymore has been a great exhibition of Queensland rugby. I think the most competitive position for the '1' team would be the 10 position. From what i have seen Darcy Eason didn't deserve his GPS 1 spot, James Dalgleish is a shoe in for a Queensland spot, for which team i am unsure, while the other two who in my opinion who have played solid but haven't stood out are Mitch Third and Josh Bowen. Ive been impressed with Bowen's running game but i don't think his passing/kicking game is up to a Queensland standard, while Third is the opposite having a good passing and kicking game but thats it. While i haven't seen Duncan play, i have heard good wraps about him, but he would have to steer a team very well around the park if he is to be the likes of Dalgleish, Eason, Third and Bowen.

J

John Coffee

I like reviewing this game (of all the games I've seen so far) because its the less likely game to be reviewed as all the interest is in the better selections and hardly anyone including myself has an vested interest in this team except to say that I follow the GPS contingent.

#7 BSHS, 3-NC, 5-St Edmunds, 8-St Pats and 9-BCC???? were stand-outs for C15 I believe. Hmmm hope I got those schools right. I fancy seeing a surprise inclusion from the C15 in Qld1 or Qld2. It worked in their favour in previous years. The workrate of #7 was phenominal and was supported by hard running 3, 5 and 8 who rose to the occassion in the forwards to provide credibility; that netted #7 & #3 two hardworked trys.

AIC2 bettered their game since yesterday with a win, but could easily have lost it thanks to C15's failure to replicate the pick and drive that awarded them 2 x tries. It was too much to ask to do it a third time especially since a poor call in the dying minutes wasted the opportunity given to tentative backs who had trouble all day running at their counterparts at 3/4 speed. Notably at 12 who appeared constrained with ball in hand and uninterested in making an impact on the run. Sad. Because he certainly looked the part. 9 (left wing) was the only spark that excited when he touched the ball, forthright running and tenacious tackling.

AIC 2 should have scored more tries than they did to win the game by 5 points was probably a fair assessment of their strength. They were bold with ball in hand, the spread from width to width was good, it just seemed that by the time the ball got to the wing ... they really didnt know what else to do with it.

I do not hold a great hope for AIC 2 against CSS 2 on sunday although I suspect that both teams are well matched with CSS2 pipping AIC2 at the post.

Cheers and thankyou to both teams C15 and AIC2 for today, it was a very interesting match-up.

C15 and GPS 3 will not feature in the Sunday program unfortunately whilst AIC2 continues. Goodluck to all.

B

Brave_game

anyone got a full time score, and standouts?

19-12 Full Time Was a Tight game which could have ended either side taking the Win.

Standouts for AIC in my opinion were:

#1 Garrath Ryan (PAD)
#2 Andrew Manu (SEC)
#13 Rory Humphries (SEC)
#14 Nathan Bassani (ASH)
#11 William Duma (SPLC)
#5 Josh Tregenza (ASH)

For GPS:

#8 L. Fakaosilea BBC
#11 Monty Ioane (ACGS)
#6 M Gunn.

rugbynerd

Peter Burge (5)
19-12 Full Time Was a Tight game which could have ended either side taking the Win.

Standouts for AIC in my opinion were:

#1 Garrath Ryan (PAD)
#2 Andrew Manu (SEC)
#13 Rory Humphries (SEC)
#14 Nathan Bassani (ASH)
#11 William Duma (SPLC)
#5 Josh Tregenza (ASH)

For GPS:

#8 L. Fakaosilea BBC
#11 Monty Ioane (ACGS)
#6 M Gunn.
Yeah I definetly agree with you there. Also thought AIC #9 was very good and #12 showed glimpses of brilliance. Thought they could've used Duma a bit more

E

EliteLeague

How could selectors seriously not pick GPS 3 #9 Pat Ivey, i've watched this kid play both past games and he's been the standout halfback in the entire carnival, not to mention he was QLD 16's reds #9 last year. What more does this kid need to prove to himself worthy of the jersey?

bigpapaG

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yeah I definetly agree with you there. Also thought AIC #9 was very good and #12 showed glimpses of brilliance. Thought they could've used Duma a bit more
AIC #9 James Briskie played a great game and I believe is in contention for the Queensland 1 jersey.

C

churr

when are the teams named, and can someone post as soon as they are?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
As usual the big names making their mark, really not surprised to see Ivey, Gunn, Manu, Fakaosilea, Rodwell, Dyring, Ioane and Treganza getting some good reviews.

C

churr

As usual the big names making their mark, really not surprised to see Ivey, Gunn, Manu, Fakaosilea, Rodwell, Dyring, Ioane and Treganza getting some good reviews.
Light, when are the teams released?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Cheers for that rundog.

Sam Greene misses out on QLD I run-on for Placid, Grammar boys here won't be too happy about that but probably more to do with injury. Terrace boy Dalgleish gets rewarded for form with the QLD I 10 jersey. Ioane, Quigley, Tuttle, Cornelson, Korcyzc, Fakosilea, Pleash, Sikimenti, Gunn, Kallel and Bougoure round out the starters for the GPS boys. AIC represented by Manu and Humphreys.

Dan Preen only real surprise to miss out from QLD last year but his selection in GPS 3 should have warned us of that. Eason gets the utility gig on the QLD I bench with Greene having the backup 10 spot.

For once selections that make sense.

Breakdown by school:
Toowoomba Grammar - 7 (2x QLD 1, 5x QLD 2)
Nudgee College - 5 (3x QLD 1, 2x QLD 2)
Anglican Church Grammar - 5 (4x QLD 1, 1x QLD 2)
Brisbane Boys College - 5 (4x QLD 1, 1x QLD 2)
St Edmunds College - 4 (2x QLD 1, 2x QLD 2)
The Southport School - 3 (3x QLD 2)
Brisbane Grammar School - 3 (2x QLD 1, 1x QLD 2)
Ipswich Grammar School - 3 (2x QLD 1, 1x QLD 2)
Downlands College - 3 (1x QLD 1, 2x QLD 2)
Kingston State College - 1 (1x QLD 1)
Sunshine Coast Grammar - 1 (1x QLD 2)
Pacific Pines State High School - 1 (1x QLD 2)
Marist College - 1 (1x QLD 2)
Padua College - 1 (1x QLD 2)
Gregory Terrace - 1 (1x QLD 1)
Brisbane State High School - 1 (1x QLD 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.