• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Quade has said he wants to play with SBW.. That is all the tweet said. people have read further into that and made assumptions
Really. I thought he was asked if he might play with Souths next year.
He said no will not play for Souths, but does want to play with SBW.
Which is completely different IMO.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I dont think it does anyone any good to just fall in line behind an obviously failed program. Quade Cooper isnt saying what he is for purely selfish reasons - he is saying it because he wants the wallabies to win games and be a successful team.

Where does this stop if Quade is right for speaking out because it's "an obviously failed program" when does it stop. Is Quades opinion worth more than horwills opinion? is horwills opinion worth less cos he is injured? What if several players have different opinions to each other, who is right and who is wrong?

In a team set up, falling in line is the absolutely right thing to do for your teammates and country. If Robbie is that bad that he has lost the playing group then as a group the players have the ability to speak to members of the management both in the team itself and the ARU. This would be an appropriate way of handling a workplace situation.

Quade has made a few remarks that undermine the code he is important to and the one that currently pays his bills. While i suspect he feels this is a bit of fun adnd the attention somewhat baited, it doesn't make it right when the code is struggling for ratings and exposure heading in to it's most important year in the last decade.

T

TOCC

Where does this stop if Quade is right for speaking out because it's "an obviously failed program" when does it stop. Is Quades opinion worth more than horwills opinion? is horwills opinion worth less cos he is injured? What if several players have different opinions to each other, who is right and who is wrong?

In a team set up, falling in line is the absolutely right thing to do for your teammates and country. If Robbie is that bad that he has lost the playing group then as a group the players have the ability to speak to members of the management both in the team itself and the ARU. This would be an appropriate way of handling a workplace situation.

Quade has made a few remarks that undermine the code he is important to and the one that currently pays his bills. While i suspect he feels this is a bit of fun adnd the attention somewhat baited, it doesn't make it right when the code is struggling for ratings and exposure heading in to it's most important year in the last decade.

Who said Quade's opinion was more important the Horwill, Horwill is a businessmen playing rugby, he is obviously a lot more diplomatic then Quade in such matters..

WJ do you really think Quades comment are going to damage the code any more then boring penalty ridden rugby?
Have a look at the falling TV Rating for this years tests... There are significantly greater issues at hand..

Once again, i think quades a dick for been outspoken on employer matters, but there are obvious problems at the ARU and Wallabies that we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss as Quade having a whinge.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Its interesting that you say that. Because given the current precarious state of the Wallaby fly-half depth, it would seem to indicate that he is still quite valuable to the Wallabies.
Its fine to say that we can rely on JOC (James O'Connor), Lealifano and Barnes.. Yet we currently have JOC (James O'Connor) and Lealifano out injured and then Barnes with his opportunities at fly-half this year and the previous 5 years have been unimpressive, I actually think Barnes best form at 5/8 was the 2007 RWC.

Even the AB's were down to their 4th arguably 5th fly-half by the RWC GF. Are the Wallabies really in a position to dismiss QC (Quade Cooper) so nonchalantly?
Well,he almost got hooked against Argentina, then if we go back to last year he was humiliated in NZ before his injury.
So I am nonchalant about it.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

I think it stops when the program turns around. I think Quades opinion is worth something given that:
  • He has experienced both set ups first hand, as well as experiencing a clean-out at the reds in 2009.
  • He plays one of the more important and game-plan heavy roles in the team, and team success is not possible if he and the coach do not have a good working relationship.
  • Others who have played under deans have voiced similar opinions.
I agree that a public forum should not be the first port of call when you have a workplace problem. But who says that it is. For all we know Quade could have raised his issues with the ARU, been told to fuck off, and then decided that if he didnt bring this situation to a head than the wallabies (and rugby in general) would just continue to limp along in blissful mediocrity.
Whilst Quade has made remarks that may 'undermine' the code that pays his bills; I think it is also fair to say that Deans and O'neil have made a few decisions over the years that undermine the code that pays their bills.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Who said Quade's opinion was more important the Horwill, Horwill is a businessmen playing rugby, he is obviously a lot more diplomatic then Quade in such matters..

WJ do you really think Quades comment are going to damage the code any more then boring penalty ridden rugby?
Have a look at the falling TV Rating for this years tests. There are significantly greater issues at hand..

Once again, i think quades a dick for been outspoken on employer matters, but there are obvious problems at the ARU and Wallabies that we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss as Quade having a whinge.

I was asking the question of who's opinion was more important in relation to bowside saying that people shouldn't fall in line. It was in regards to the fact that if everyone acts as an individual who do you listen to and why. Players should fall in line, that's how a team is formed.

I do believe Quade giving the press ammunition to attack rugby does damage. I'm not saying the code is going down because of it or overreacting, but in a week where rugby league will be receiving more pages than ads in the daily telegraph here in Sydney the casual fans that rugby could fight for are all going to hear how one of the only recognizable wallaby players thinks the game is boring and he would prefer to play league. I think there is damage in that for a number of reasons.

As I've said before, I'm against any player having a public whine like this. I also believe change at clubs should not be driven by individuals but for the benefit of the entire organisation. I'm sure Quade wants certain things, I'm sure he may have a point on some of them, I'm also sure the way he is going about it isn't going to cause the ARu to question itself but rather him.

In the end, anything that happens should be for the benefit of the wallabies and not Quade, one is our national team. The other is a 24 year old with knee problems and a disconnect of professionalism between his brain and thumb.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I was asking the question of who's opinion was more important in relation to bowside saying that people shouldn't fall in line. It was in regards to the fact that if everyone acts as an individual who do you listen to and why. Players should fall in line, that's how a team is formed.

I do believe Quade giving the press ammunition to attack rugby does damage. I'm not saying the code is going down because of it or overreacting, but in a week where rugby league will be receiving more pages than ads in the daily telegraph here in Sydney the casual fans that rugby could fight for are all going to hear how one of the only recognizable wallaby players thinks the game is boring and he would prefer to play league. I think there is damage in that for a number of reasons.

As I've said before, I'm against any player having a public whine like this. I also believe change at clubs should not be driven by individuals but for the benefit of the entire organisation. I'm sure Quade wants certain things, I'm sure he may have a point on some of them, I'm also sure the way he is going about it isn't going to cause the ARu to question itself but rather him.

In the end, anything that happens should be for the benefit of the wallabies and not Quade, one is our national team. The other is a 24 year old with knee problems and a disconnect of professionalism between his brain and thumb.

Playing a shit brand of rugby and losing test matches to scotland, england, ireland, samoa, all blacks x10, etc. does more to hurt rugby than anything quade cooper will ever say.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It's not that I dont think that people shouldn't fall in line; it is just that, at times there are situations where you have to speak up and say: this isn't working, it needs to be fixed.

You don't hear anyone bemoaning the fact that the reds organisation didnt fall in line at the end of 2009, or that everyone at the brumbies didnt fall in line after the 2011 season.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's not that I dont think that people shouldn't fall in line; it is just that, at times there are situations where you have to speak up and say: this isn't working, it needs to be fixed.

You don't hear anyone bemoaning the fact that the reds organisation didnt fall in line at the end of 2009, or that everyone at the brumbies didnt fall in line after the 2011 season.
Players weren't going maverick and bagging their bosses to the media in those examples, were they?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Players weren't going maverick and bagging their bosses to the media in those examples, were they?

Tony Rea went maverick and bagged pretty much everyone at the brumbies.

Plenty of ex-players were publicly criticising the reds in 2009. The fact that Barnes up and left to the tahs was a pretty public 'bagging' of the bosses and the rugby program.

T

TOCC

That's assuming that those two events aren't mutually inclusive..

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
This sort of dissent doesn't help his team mates when they've got a job to do this week.

I agree with Fatprop, sounds like he's pissed off about contract negotations. It's not a good look all around. Huge talent, but has no class and can't tackle. I won't miss him.

Hang on a minute Scarfie, as you well know, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I thought you didn't like Deans, or Sir Ritchie for that matter.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Holy crap. I doubt Cooper would have made these comments without consulting Link. Looks like the putsch is on to get rid of Dingo before the spring tour

Cooper said the tweets were not an attack on Deans but the whole Wallabies/ARU set-up - players, selectors, officials and coaches alike - which he believed was a far cry from the professionalism of the Reds.

"There's a lot of people who are afraid to say what they feel so they just go along with it and nothing is going to change," he told AAP on Sunday night.

"That's why I feel so strongly as a player. I don't want to be involved in the toxic environment, and that's how it is at the moment.

"It's an environment where things aren't going according to plan and everyone is looking to point the finger."
Cooper stressed he loved the code and would continue to play under Deans, who is under pressure to keep his job from Reds coach Ewen McKenzie.

"All I want to do is fix the problems and get on with it and win rugby games," the 24-year-old said.

"But if to say that Ewen is the next coach of course I would support that.

"That's not to say I'm not supporting Robbie. He's done a lot for me as a kid coming through.

"I'm very respectful to Robbie and I'm very thankful to Robbie as well for giving me the opportunity that he has.

"But for me it's about bettering myself and bettering the country and I'm just sick of losing to the All Blacks.

"I hate losing."

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/br...ms-to-fix-toxic-wallabies-20120923-26es6.html

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Tony Rea was in a caretaker position, where the players were going through the motions.He publicly called them out,and their performance improved from that point.Barnes didn't say a word.
Two very poor comparisons.

J

Jiggles

Playing a shit brand of rugby and losing test matches to scotland, england, ireland, samoa, all blacks x10, etc. does more to hurt rugby than anything quade cooper will ever say.

Like x 1000

J

Jiggles

Holy fuck, I find this ironic. The same people who shit bag the ARU and Deans, shitbag Cooper for Shitbaging the ARU and Deans..

Sigmund Freud would be truly stumped..

Status
Not open for further replies.