• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Interesting timing. Why now? Have they decided to break their silence off their own backs?

Certainly wouldn't expect them to back Cooper, particularly when both a trying to get selection in up coming squads.
Probably because they were asked by a journalist at the event, they didn't say anything to inflame the situation, just team unity stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

R

randalf8

I would normally consider Drew Mitchell coming out with something sensible to worthy of the front page, but in this case it isn't hard to see that he has an incentive to side with management, given he wants them to take another flyer on his admittedly rock solid and injury proof chassis.

Kepu's answer to "do we need him?" was a clear "nuh!"

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
OK, some new information. The opinions of Kepu and Mitchell:

They couldn't be much clearer.

Way to go boys, just as we were starting to drop this mess and just talk about employment conditions in our own workplaces, you light it back up. Those paraphrases and quotes attributed to you leave too much room for interpretation, so why talk in public? Yes we know there is an issue in the team and if we spin this in the vacuum of nothing else coming to light we now have a divide. JO'N and Dingo are talking with Cooper after the RC like next week; why don't you also put in your concerns then and clean this mess up in house once and for all.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Probably because they were asked by a journalist at the event, they didn't say anything to inflame the situation, just team unity stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
It would have been easier to make no comment.
I see it as JON getting support for RD and the status quo before Saturday.
RD will stay, QC (Quade Cooper) is a memory.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I would normally consider Drew Mitchell coming out with something sensible to worthy of the front page, but in this case it isn't hard to see that he has an incentive to side with management, given he wants them to take another flyer on the structural integrity of his glass vagina.

Kepu's answer to "do we need him?" was a clear "nuh!"
Seriously?
Lift your game, pretty puerile stuff.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It would have been easier to make no comment.
I see it as JON getting support for RD and the status quo before Saturday.
RD will stay, QC (Quade Cooper) is a memory.

If they said nothing it would have been spun as "Mitchell & Kepu refuse to support Deans/Cooper" (delete whichever you don't support)

and what did they say?

The issue
They hope they sort it out
It was shit timing and the team could do without it

If Cooper leaves
No one is bigger than the game and there is always someone else

R

randalf8

I call bullshit on this "insta-bone for viewing social media but have happy overpaid workforce" stuff. Implausible.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK guys, I see the irony in this omni-thread, but can we leave the Work-Choices debate out of it? Let's stay on Quade.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Richo - great insight and agree wholeheartedly

- in my office I have a strict rule that anybody "caught" using social media is shown the door immediately without warning. My staff know the rules and adhere to them. I pay my staff for their time. If they steal time they steal money. Might be harsh but it works for me. A mate of mine has 30 staff and he says if the 30 knock him off for 30minutes per day then he is paying for extra 2 employees.

Off topic, but my feeling is that this approach might work in your situation but not in all industries or all businesses.

I think it's about both sides bridging that gap. That means bosses understanding that a lot of younger employees (early twenties in particular) have grown up with the web, Facebook, constant multi-tasking, etc. They often don't work productively when given one long task and told to do it all day, for example. If managers split up and spread out their work, those employees are often far more productive. They can also be very good at those tasks that require multi-tasking. My father runs a small professional business and experienced a problem with an employee who was flipping over to Facebook too often, not focusing for long stretches, etc. I suggested that his workflow be modified (within reasonable bounds) so that he was shifting between tasks and projects more frequently. I also suggested that the relationship between the employee's work and the broader work of the business and its projects be emphasised. So that was the gesture towards the employee. But it was also made very clear that the employee needed to lift his game and work harder -- i.e. "We're making the working environment meet your needs better, now you need to come to the party". When this was done, his productivity went up and both sides were happier with the whole situation.

How any of this might apply to rugby, I don't quite know. :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Since you probably were writing this as I posted, it slides.
Next workplace debate post gets boned.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Off topic, but my feeling is that this approach might work in your situation but not in all industries or all businesses.

I think it's about both sides bridging that gap. That means bosses understanding that a lot of younger employees (early twenties in particular) have grown up with the web, Facebook, constant multi-tasking, etc. They often don't work productively when given one long task and told to do it all day, for example. If managers split up and spread out their work, those employees are often far more productive. They can also be very good at those tasks that require multi-tasking. My father runs a small professional business and experienced a problem with an employee who was flipping over to Facebook too often, not focusing for long stretches, etc. I suggested that his workflow be modified (within reasonable bounds) so that he was shifting between tasks and projects more frequently. I also suggested that the relationship between the employee's work and the broader work of the business and its projects be emphasised. So that was the gesture towards the employee. But it was also made very clear that the employee needed to lift his game and work harder -- i.e. "We're making the working environment meet your needs better, now you need to come to the party". When this was done, his productivity went up and both sides were happier with the whole situation.

How any of this might apply to rugby, I don't quite know. :)

It does somewhat, it shows that if administrators show a little give then it can show huge results.

Obviously your father asked the guy to meet him halfway and that was more than fair and the guy responded, if your Dad had refused to budge or caved completely he'd likely be in a bad situation right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.