• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sure Sharpe was captain of Qld when he signed for the force. I've no problem with that. But then he used his position within the organisation and actively recruited a shit load of other players while still on qld's payroll. Hardly exemplary.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
How do you know that these concerns haven't been brought up with the coaching staff and management who told the players to tell their story walking.

I almost guarantee it has come up in team meetings, or in discussion with the coach. If Genia hadn't been injured, I suspect that there would have been even more reports of heated discussions between coach and captain. Sharpe is probably happy to toe the line and keep out of trouble.
I could say exactly the same thing to you though, how do you know they have been? All that we, save a few well connected individuals, know is that Quade has thrown his toys out of the pram on national media. He deserves to be pulled up on it, whether or not he's right. He's not above the game.

R

randalf8

I could say exactly the same thing to you though, how do you know they have been? All that we, save a few well connected individuals, know is that Quade has thrown his toys out of the pram on national media. He deserves to be pulled up on it, whether or not he's right. He's not above the game.

he almost guarantees it. so that's that then

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
How do you know that these concerns haven't been brought up with the coaching staff and management who told the players to tell their story walking.

I almost guarantee it has come up in team meetings, or in discussion with the coach. If Genia hadn't been injured, I suspect that there would have been even more reports of heated discussions between coach and captain. Sharpe is probably happy to toe the line and keep out of trouble.

Would you like to buy the Harbour Bridge from me? I can almost guarantee that I have proof of ownership.

Be honest, at this stage none of us punters know if QC (Quade Cooper) raised this internally or not before he went to twitter. To be fair, we should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he did raise it, but he certainly didn't suggest in the BrisVegas Times article that he was frustrated by a lack of response to properly raised concerns.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Exemplary?

He was looking to get involved in every niggle in the Boks game, and tried milking a penalty when he got a little kiss.

At the post match function for the Reds v Force game he barely said a word to anyone (even when spoken to), rather preferring to sulk in the corner and then left early.

This upstanding member of the rugby community dropped Qld Rugby in it as soon as a bigger money offer came his way. Qld Rugby invested in him as a player, bringing him through the ranks and helping him in achieving is goal of getting to the national team, only for him to turn around and dump them a few years after reaching that level for a few $$.

He is just about perfect, isn't he?
Again you are totally off point. This is about a player being out of line by publicly denigrating his boss.Does Sharpe do this?
If we are bagging players for their behaviour on the drink, lets compare: Sharpe is not talkative at a function.But did he steal anything?Did he harass any girls at the bar, did he punch on with his best mates?
You don't see a difference at all?

Running Rugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
I haven't posted on the forum for quite a while because of a frustration with the game I love, Rugby, within Australia. I am not going in to all the reasons within this thread because it probably is not appropriate and may read more like a novel than a post.​
The point I wish to make here is, Quade I am assuming has a similar frustration to me. Something is not quite working at many levels of Australian Rugby. But unfortunately Quade in his high profile position has chosen to publicly complain about his employer, This simply would not be allowed in the corporate world. He needs to be disciplined for this.​
Secondly, Generation Y, needs to understand the ramifications of right here, right now 'gratification.' There are consequences to all actions and Quade needs to be educated in this.​
I like Quade Cooper, I like his play, I like the thing he can do for our game. But to me this action is not acceptable.​

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Now this one. Poor little Quade, how can he cope in the face of such a vicious assault from big bad Robbie?

And wasn't it such a hateful, spiteful attack from Deans. After being ASKED a specific question- 'did you think of benching Quade' he responded with... wait for it... "Yes, it did cross our mind". Ouch, that's stinging. A coach saying they considered benching a player, that is just uncalled for and I dare say it. mean.

This is bullying bastadry of the worst kind. Despite the fact that I reckon about 10,000 were watching RD's conference and QC (Quade Cooper) has over 500K followers.

But seriously, Quade is held to a different standard. But that is a problem entirely of his own creation- due to past misdeeds (laptop-gate, Richie-gate, etc.) and a conscious effort by his management (and thus him by extension) to paint himself as the greatest thing in Aussie rugby, who should be shopped around to all and sundry, including other codes.

The coach made it clear he had lost faith in his player, both during the argentina game and in the media speculation for the next game, before Cooper was ruled out.

Cooper made it clear he has lost faith in the coach in his tweet.

Why is one much worse than the other?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Again you are totally off point. This is about a player being out of line by publicly denigrating his boss.Does Sharpe do this?
If we are bagging players for their behaviour on the drink, lets compare: Sharpe is not talkative at a function.But did he steal anything?Did he harass any girls at the bar, did he punch on with his best mates?
You don't see a difference at all?

Yes, I see a difference.

I was only responding to you calling sharpie 'exemplary'.

Also refer to Sully's post above. It just seems that to NSW supporters you are only affecting the game of rugby if you do something to it in NSW or at the national level. If you try and hurt Qld rugby, they couldn't care less!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I haven't posted on the forum for quite a while because of a frustration with the game I love, Rugby, within Australia. I am not going in to all the reasons within this thread because it probably is not appropriate and may read more like a novel than a post.
The point I wish to make here is, Quade I am assuming has a similar frustration to me. Something is not quite working at many levels of Australian Rugby. But unfortunately Quade in his high profile position has chosen to publicly complain about his employer, This simply would not be allowed in the corporate world. He needs to be disciplined for this.
Secondly, Generation Y, needs to understand the ramifications of right here, right now 'gratification.' There are consequences to all actions and Quade needs to be educated in this.
I like Quade Cooper, I like his play, I like the thing he can do for our game. But to me this action is not acceptable.

I think this is all that needs to be said really.

I think quade has good intentions, I think he probably shares the same opinion of deans and ARU as many on this forum do.

I'm just going to hold of judging the bloke on this until we hear the full story. For all we know quade might have raised this in private - with the ARU, with Deans, with his team mates, with link - and after which point decided that if he didnt go public nothing would change. And then again, maybe he hasn't and is just an immature prick putting shit on his boss in public, when his performances have hardly been exemplary.

In any case, he is the most exciting player I have ever seen in the flesh, and despite what many on this forum think, he (and JOC (James O'Connor)) are easily the most marketable and recognisable rugby players in the country.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The coach made it clear he had lost faith in his player, both during the argentina game and in the media speculation for the next game, before Cooper was ruled out.

Cooper made it clear he has lost faith in the coach in his tweet.

Why is one much worse than the other?

Because Deans is the coach, and Quade is a player. Deans was responding to a direct question, and QC (Quade Cooper) went off unprompted on twitter. Deans made a very specific, non-defamatory statement about Cooper, and QC (Quade Cooper) painted everyone at the ARU and all the Wallabies coaches as the problem, while also bagging the code generally and professing his love for AFL and NRL.

The coach has a right to make such statements, as long as he can back them up. Sometimes calling a player out in public can be good for their motivation- Eddie Jones was a master of this. And it wasn't like what Robbie said was so drastically out of the blue, QC (Quade Cooper) played badly- there is no two ways about it.

It's pretty clear one or two mild lines by Deans in response to direct questioning is not comparable to late-night tweets sticking the boot into the entire backroom staff of Australian rugby, no matter how justified.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yes, I see a difference.

I was only responding to you calling sharpie 'exemplary'.

Also refer to Sully's post above. It just seems that to NSW supporters you are only affecting the game of rugby if you do something to it in NSW or at the national level. If you try and hurt Qld rugby, they couldn't care less!
That's it Scotty. That is what we are all about, just all of us wanting Qld rugby to perish. You've nailed it.

W

What2040

no wonder the siege mentality is alive, well and booming here in the north - ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.