• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Quade Cheapshot

I've only just got around to watching The Rugby Club interview. Two points:

1. This kid is *done* in Australian rugby, if Australian rugby still has a shred of self-respect.

2. Guilt by association. I don't want to see SBW back in NZ rugby. These Nasser fluffybunnys are poison.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The Wallabies win ratio pre-Cooper was 53%(7 from 13), with Quade it has been 50%(2 from 4).
Actually, I just checked again he was 12 for one of those games (2009 - Gits was 10). Cooper played 10 for the other 3. Therefore 33% as 10.. But, I'm splitting hairs really. Just highlighting stats rarely paint a full picture.

In saying that I do think Cooper is a talent on the field.

T

TOCC

Actually, I just checked again he was 12 for one of those games (2009 - Gits was 10). Cooper played 10 for the other 3. Therefore 33% as 10.. But, I'm splitting hairs really. Just highlighting stats rarely paint a full picture.

In saying that I do think Cooper is a talent on the field.

If you go back and watch that game you will find the 5/8 role was split between Quade and Gits with Quade slotting in at first receive the majority of the time... but yes... splitting hairs

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Deans has actually encouraged the power in the younger players. He has thrown his lot in with them and basically said - you are our saviours! Picking JOC (James O'Connor) very early, keeping Beale around when he wasn't fit and allowing Cooper to make himself public enemy no.1 in NZ are all examples of poor management. You wonder if he started to realise this a bit and that was when he decided to throw a bloke like McCabe into the leadership group?
How did Deans "allow" QC (Quade Cooper) to become NZ public enemy no 1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
The difference between SonnyBill and QC (Quade Cooper):

Quote from SBW following his teams sub-par performance while he is on the field.
It has not worked out that way so far, and Williams could not suppress his irritation after the Panasonic Wild Knights lost 32-22 to Toshiba Brave Lupus, despite his debut try, on Saturday. ''I just felt really disappointed and frustrated,'' he said. ''I just want to pay back my teammates and the Panasonic supporters. They have shown a lot of faith in me and a lot of love. And when we lose I feel the weight on my shoulders.''

For the life of me, I can't see SBW actually wanting to play outside QC (Quade Cooper). All the extra defensive work, plus QC (Quade Cooper)'s pass is clearly not what it used to be.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
The difference between SonnyBill and QC (Quade Cooper):

Quote from SBW following his teams sub-par performance while he is on the field.
It has not worked out that way so far, and Williams could not suppress his irritation after the Panasonic Wild Knights lost 32-22 to Toshiba Brave Lupus, despite his debut try, on Saturday. ''I just felt really disappointed and frustrated,'' he said. ''I just want to pay back my teammates and the Panasonic supporters. They have shown a lot of faith in me and a lot of love. And when we lose I feel the weight on my shoulders.''

For the life of me, I can't see SBW actually wanting to play outside QC (Quade Cooper). All the extra defensive work, plus QC (Quade Cooper)'s pass is clearly not what it used to be.

Also notice how SBW doesn't mention that the owes the PWKs a good performance for the $1M he's earning.. subtle but very well trained by the same douche that manages QC (Quade Cooper) ....

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Don't get me started on baby boomers. The bludgers have taken all the good jobs and aren't going anywhere. I reckon I'll get 5 promotions in my last 5 years of work when the bastards finally retire.

Kiap, those are impressive figures. 500 pages before we got to some facts, but we got there in the end.

Plus they all had the chance of free tertiary education then made the rest of us pay.

And they have abused negative gearing and priced housing out of the market for most people up to about 40.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I've only just got around to watching The Rugby Club interview. Two points:

1. This kid is *done* in Australian rugby, if Australian rugby still has a shred of self-respect.

2. Guilt by association. I don't want to see SBW back in NZ rugby. These Nasser fluffybunnys are poison.

Piss off. I'll take SBW all day every day. Everyone who works with SBW all say that he is a great guy to have in the team in every aspect. People don't like him because:

1. He walked out on his Canterbury Bulldogs contract.

2. He only signs 1yr contracts.

3. He boxes.

Only one of those things has any real legitimacy.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Plus they all had the chance of free tertiary education then made the rest of us pay.

And they have abused negative gearing and priced housing out of the market for most people up to about 40.

and you will enjoy wiping our arses as we continue to live a long enjoyable lives

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think a couple of you may be missing my point somewhat. Im not arguing that "gen Y" (or z or whatever) arent a bunch of lazy cheeky shites. They mostly are. Teenagers and young people are and always have been. I was. The point is this generation isnt any worse than any other. Older people have always thought young people are douchebags. I guarantee the last generation thought the same about your generation and so on. The idea is not new or original or more true now than it ever was.

They may always be lazy in comparison to their older generation, but if you look in absolute terms I think you will find that, in general, young people today are lazier than young people 20 years ago and certainly lazier than those growing up in the first part of the 20th century.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Piss off. I'll take SBW all day every day. Everyone who works with SBW all say that he is a great guy to have in the team in every aspect. People don't like him because:

1. He walked out on his Canterbury Bulldogs contract.

2. He only signs 1yr contracts.

3. He boxes.

Only one of those things has any real legitimacy.

Not a boxing fan?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The good point about Nasser and his management style is that he strives to get the very best deal for his clients (and therefore a bigger paycheck for himself). The bad thing about him and his clients is that they have no respect for the game they play or the people that support and truly love the game. They don't appreciate the consequences of what he/they do in achieving the best(?) result. Rather and rely on their talent and true worth they resort to bastard tactics to intimidate and standover administrators.

For these reasons his clients become the most unpopular players regardless of their skill and talent

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Simple rules are that every generation is lazier and got it easier than the previous generations and that every new generation invents oral sex.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Gen Y have it so easy.

Back in my day every road went uphill and you had to walk 5 kilometres in the snow, without any shoes to get anywhere. Even just to the house next door.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The good point about Nasser and his management style is that he strives to get the very best deal for his clients (and therefore a bigger paycheck for himself). The bad thing about him and his clients is that they have no respect for the game they play or the people that support and truly love the game. They don't appreciate the consequences of what he/they do in achieving the best(?) result. Rather and rely on their talent and true worth they resort to bastard tactics to intimidate and standover administrators.

For these reasons his clients become the most unpopular players regardless of their skill and talent
I hit like but I had to retract it on mature reflection: money isn't everything so I dont think this one good thing is a good thing.
Its interesting that Nasser doesn't have the market to himself from which I infer not all players think that the divisive and disruptive negotiation tactics that lead to more money are necessary or desirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.