• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qualifying Final 2: Brumbies v Chiefs. Sat. 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Chiefs showed how to beat the Brumbies: hold onto the ball, wait for the penalties, then the yellow cards will follow.

Brumbies should probably have lost someone to the bin after Aki's try. Probably the only black mark on Joubers' record tonight.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Pet hate for some this brumbies' fans missing in action dramas. Why would someone supporting another team in another state worry about what crowds should be in Canberra.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sorry let's just tell the truth and not polish over it with a heap of nice words.

The Brumbies must have to have the most gutless fans in the comp. Plenty of piss and hot air on the internet but don't bother getting actually to the game to support their team. That crowd was absolutely pathetic. What's the excuse this week for the shit crowd?

M

Moono75

Pet hate for some this brumbies' fans missing in action dramas. Why would someone supporting another team in another state worry about what crowds should be in Canberra.

Because the whole point of the competition is to make it to the finals. When you do more people should turn up......cause your in the finals!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It doesn't stop every other set of fans commenting about every other franchises attendances. It's fair game to discuss. Given the footy the Brumbies have played of late, and the Brumbies chance to get square after last year's final result, I was surprised the crowd was not a little bit larger. I'm not sure anyone is worried about it though.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
You do know how many people there are in Canberra don't you? Do you think there's nothing else to do here apart from going to the rugby? Will you be getting over 100,000 to the Tahs game next week? Chances are.....not likely.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You do know how many people there are in Canberra don't you? Do you think there's nothing else to do here apart from going to the rugby? Will you be getting over 100,000 to the Tahs game next week? Chances are...not likely.
Yes.
No.
No - the stadium holds about 45,000 max. :D
Why is the crowd next week relevant to a discussion about this crowd? I made an observation that I thought it was lower than it might have been. I attached no pejorative slant to it. Canberra has attracted much bigger crowds before, so it seems a fair question to ask about a final. You turn it into a bitch about the Tahs, whom you quite clearly despise, given other posts this week. I'm not sure how the fact I support the Tahs precludes me from commenting on something to do with another team.
If the Tahs get 25,000 next weekend, I'm sure plenty of people will ask questions, and rightly so.

M

Moono75

You do know how many people there are in Canberra don't you? Do you think there's nothing else to do here apart from going to the rugby? Will you be getting over 100,000 to the Tahs game next week? Chances are...not likely.

I hear Joe Hockey was doing a private reading of the Federal Budget in the voice of Elmer Fudd after sucking down some helium gas......apparently there were 23,456 people there.....amazing! I know where I'd rather be.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
I hear Joe Hockey was doing a private reading of the Federal Budget in the voice of Elmer Fudd after sucking down some helium gas..apparently there were 23,456 people there...amazing! I know where I'd rather be.

Maybe we should get him at tight head in the brums' scrum to fill the place

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
Did someone on this site really award White the motm?

What are they thinking?

He changed the game flow from running to aimless kicking, dissipating the ponies' good lead, and then his F-up at 72 minutes almost handed the game to the Chiefs.

He also needs to learn to put the ball in front of the receiver running on to it.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I thought Joubers was really good.

The only time the game was starting to get away from him was straight after the Speight card. He kind of blocked White on the try line but it was heading back for a penalty and the brumbies were pushing the line hard, so he just awarded the try and carried on. Good refereeing.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Butler did well, but MOTM for me was Speight. His stint in the bin coincided with the Chief's best period of play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom