• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Ongoing congrats to Tate and Liam.

Does anyone know if the trials will be telecast or streamed? I'm currently on crutches and while I'd love to experience the new Ballymore I just don't think I'm up for it. I'd also love to get out to Roma but it's not happening this year.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
All my fantasies, hopes and dreams for the season ahead are highly triggered with all this great Reds media. Just hoping I don't get the usual comedown in few weeks when I actually watch us play.

Mate, right now the Reds are this odd bright spot in rugby for me. I've pretty much had a gutfull of the Wallabies, RA and Super itself. Reds though - fingers crossed.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Mate, right now the Reds are this odd bright spot in rugby for me. I've pretty much had a gutfull of the Wallabies, RA and Super itself. Reds though - fingers crossed.
Still kinda suck though, dont they? Couple of cool wins last year but still mid table at best you'd think.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Still kinda suck though, dont they? Couple of cool wins last year but still mid table at best you'd think.
Squad is significantly stronger than last year when you consider the talent that was stuck on the sidelines and the age profile of the squad, so there's reason to hope for more.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ongoing congrats to Tate and Liam.

Does anyone know if the trials will be telecast or streamed? I'm currently on crutches and while I'd love to experience the new Ballymore I just don't think I'm up for it. I'd also love to get out to Roma but it's not happening this year.
Haven't heard anything specific yet but they always have been in the past, so your chances are pretty good.

Reactions: dru

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
think they discount him for '23 because he was injured for the season.
Yeah, if you're talking year on year improvements then, Tupou, Hoopert and Jones didn't play in 2023 so they were already "losses" (or never there in the case of Jones). Add to that a guy like Nasser coming back in after missing the all of 2023 and the front row is light years ahead of where it was - 4 test capped props, 1 test copped hooker and another just as good as him compared to just one test capped prop last year. Doesn't hurt that the talent is spread around a bit more too, so we're less vulnerable to a single player going down.

Last edited:

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I have no idea, how would you? We have a completely new coaching team, major changes in the squad in key positions, especially the front row. I'm quite happy being optimistic in the preseason.

With Tupou leaving? Dude has his flaws but he was still effectively your best player.

Did he actually play in 2023?