• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
As an aside, we bloody well better beat them, for whatever reason I can't help but run my mouth when it comes to the Welsh and I'm in no mood to eat humble pie come July.
Because in a long list of bad losses, some of our most painful in recent years have been at the hands of those jammy bastards and god I hope the Wallabies and Reds collectively torch them good and proper please please please.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
As an aside, we bloody well better beat them, for whatever reason I can't help but run my mouth when it comes to the Welsh and I'm in no mood to eat humble pie come July.
I went to the match yesterday and the Welsh were absolutely dire, the score line versus Italy was flattering, plenty of disappointed fans

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Because in a long list of bad losses, some of our most painful in recent years have been at the hands of those jammy bastards and god I hope the Wallabies and Reds collectively torch them good and proper please please please.
It probably goes back longer to the long run of wins before the heart breaking losses.

I also want to be clear that for all the sledging I think it's fantastic that they're coming and I'm very appreciative, I hope this is the start of a long tradition.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Reds have been particularly unlucky with gun centres and injuries over the last decade.

I’d argue CFS, Petaia and now Henry will never reach their true potential at least at the Reds due to significant injuries.

Petaia obviously playing well at the moment but can’t help but feel his body wasn’t ready for professional level and he’s still not 100%.
I thought when he grabbed the shoulder after being swung to the ground it was going to be a season ender. Fingers crossed he’s getting a bit more settled and robust as he gets older.

How many times have we seen kids thrown into seniors at a young age break with the game whatever sport it is. Pat Cummins took 5-6 years to come good.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So a bit like our game against the Italians 18 months ago?
Meh, that’s irrelevant at this point. Wales are playing as poorly as they have in the last decade regardless of opposition. That’s coming from a Wales fan and a Welsh family.

It’ll be a good match and hopefully start of more to come, if Reds stand a chance of beating any current 6 Nations teams it’s certainly the Welsh.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Meh, that’s irrelevant at this point. Wales are playing as poorly as they have in the last decade regardless of opposition. That’s coming from a Wales fan and a Welsh family.

It’ll be a good match and hopefully start of more to come, if Reds stand a chance of beating any current 6 Nations teams it’s certainly the Welsh.
Yeah - i was just being a smart arse.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
I went to the match yesterday and the Welsh were absolutely dire, the score line versus Italy was flattering, plenty of disappointed fans
No talk of Italy improving and just being better? Sounds like whinging Aussies when Italy beat us …It’s good for rugby.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
No talk of Italy improving and just being better? Sounds like whinging Aussies when Italy beat us …It’s good for rugby.
Nah plenty talked positive about Italy, but both narratives can be true. Italy are improving and Wales played dire.

Just watch the Italy game, or the last 20min versus France. Wales were stagnant in attack and had half a dozen unforced errors.

Last edited:

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

If it's one thing that the Wallabies of the last decade plus have consistently done, it's not put away "lesser" teams and resort to playing just as dire football.

That 2022 (or was it 21) eoyt game against the Welsh when they got the slap down try and their winger had the biggest shit eating grin on his face will be at the forefront of my brain when the Welsh come.to our shores.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

This explains so much. ;):D;)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I found myself looking forward to watching how the table is shaping up. Man, it’s been a long time since I’ve done that. Over a decade, easy.

We are not where we can be but hell, we are shaking the tree as we are. It is going to be an interesting season. IS, is an interesting season.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Is that better or worse than an ACL?

According to a Quick Look on Dr Google it is much better, but still wouldn’t be back for super rugby.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
same injury that Kurtley Beale had all those years ago, depends if it’s a clean tear they can reattach or need reconstructive surgery. 6months minimum, but potentially not as long as ACL

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
When Stan briefly videoed inside the dressing shed with Les Kiss holding onto & consoling a distraught Isaac Henry, instead of slapping the other winning Reds players backs out on the paddock, told me more about this coach - that he is the man.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
When Stan briefly videoed inside the dressing shed with Les Kiss holding onto & consoling a distraught Isaac Henry, instead of slapping the other winning Reds players backs out on the paddock, told me more about this coach - that he is the man.
Or just a decent human being...

I am baffled by the presumed need for a comment like this let alone a polemic.