• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I don't see where my opinion, or Tomilan's is a strongly critical attack on or controversial opinion of Les Kiss.
Quite the opposite in fact.
And Dru, if you are baffled by seeing a good act being performed by a mentor to a young player about to experience a difficult period of rehabilitation, then we understand that you have your problem's.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I don't see where my opinion, or Tomilan's is a strongly critical attack on or controversial opinion of Les Kiss.
Quite the opposite in fact.
And Dru, if you are baffled by seeing a good act being performed by a mentor to a young player about to experience a difficult period of rehabilitation, then we understand that you have your problem's.

Dear Emu, you have my thought out of context. I completely agree with your post. I felt I needed to quote it only to give context to the next comment.

and that seemed to be an offered correction that is baffling.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Official - ruptured patella tendon

1710825424455.png

As an aside - again, I'm really liking the work put in from the social team this year. Don't think we would've got this sort of update/post in seasons past, particularly for a (for lack of a better term) 'lower recognition' player

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Haven't heard anything on his timeline but can imagine when fit he'd be fighting for a starting role across the park
You reckon? Lynagh and HMP are going well at 10, so can’t see JOC (James O'Connor) pushing for it (plus there’s Creighton). 12 is a possibility, especially now Henry’s out, but if Paisami’s in form they’ll want to keep him on the park - and I can’t see them pushing him out to 13 and moving Flook, given Flook’s form. JOC (James O'Connor) has also not played any footy in a fair while, so would need to find some form quick.

Injuries, of course, change the landscape. Good problem to have, but I’ve got JOC (James O'Connor) as a bench util at most at this point.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
JOC (James O'Connor) was a bit of a liability in defence last year too, he just wasn't quick enough to cover a lot of his assignments.

Hopefully the layoff has helped with the ankle, but old man hammy issues aren't exactly a good sign speed-wise

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Send the brand back to the filth and he can beat out Lawson Creighton first for the reds utility back role.

damn brothers will be stacked this year if super rugby players return back to clubland

Wilson

David Codey (61)
You reckon? Lynagh and HMP are going well at 10, so can’t see JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) pushing for it (plus there’s Creighton). 12 is a possibility, especially now Henry’s out, but if Paisami’s in form they’ll want to keep him on the park - and I can’t see them pushing him out to 13 and moving Flook, given Flook’s form. JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) has also not played any footy in a fair while, so would need to find some form quick.

Injuries, of course, change the landscape. Good problem to have, but I’ve got JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) as a bench util at most at this point.
I think we'll be sending McLaughlin-Phillips off to the 20s soon - there's the under 20s rugby championship in April, that'll be where O'Connor is most likely to push in. It'll be a bit of a battle between him and Creighton for the bench spot, though there's also a chance Lynagh gets a break at some point in the next month or two.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I think we'll be sending McLaughlin-Phillips off to the 20s soon - there's the under 20s rugby championship in April, that'll be where O'Connor is most likely to push in. It'll be a bit of a battle between him and Creighton for the bench spot, though there's also a chance Lynagh gets a break at some point in the next month or two.
Ah, I'd forgotten about the U20s TRC - I thought their first fixtures were in June with the U20s Championship in South Africa. Have dates been confirmed for U20s TRC? I can't find them anywhere

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Ah, I'd forgotten about the U20s TRC - I thought their first fixtures were in June with the U20s Championship in South Africa. Have dates been confirmed for U20s TRC? I can't find them anywhere
I'm sure they probably have been internally, but the most I've seen is "3 weeks on the Gold Coast in April". I wouldn't be too surprised if they were aiming for the first 3 weeks, given those are all super rugby bye rounds with 4 games instead of 6. Makes it that bit easier to get top quality refs and fit it into the schedule.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm sure they probably have been internally, but the most I've seen is "3 weeks on the Gold Coast in April". I wouldn't be too surprised if they were aiming for the first 3 weeks, given those are all super rugby bye rounds with 4 games instead of 6. Makes it that bit easier to get top quality refs and fit it into the schedule.
Ah okay, makes sense. I have seen some outlets referring to it being held in May though... guess we'll have to wait and see

Wilson

David Codey (61)
A couple more commercial partners have come on board - KDL Property and Fitness Outcomes:

Focus looks to be on the pathways for these two

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I wonder if HMP will consider staying so he does not lose his spot? Giving someone else a chance can have major long term consequences if your replacement impresses.

My recollection of 2012 is a bit hazy and probably incorrect but didn't Liam Gill choose U20's captaincy over a bench spot in the Wallabies giving Hooper a chance to fill in for him after he was brought into the squad?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
A couple more commercial partners have come on board - KDL Property and Fitness Outcomes:

Focus looks to be on the pathways for these two
Fitness Outcomes like their Rugby. Been doing the same thing with the Tahs for at least the last 12 months. Think it was on the Gen Blue Shorts and all age group sides.