• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah - it’s an odd one. Wilson, McReight, Wright & Uru give us combination, class and flexibility. And they are all still young and improving. Getting a good player is always a good thing, as is building depth, but getting a class lock or two would seem a significantly higher priority.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah - it’s an odd one. Wilson, McReight, Wright & Uru give us combination, class and flexibility. And they are all still young and improving. Getting a good player is always a good thing, as is building depth, but getting a class lock or two would seem a significantly higher priority.
Now is the time to be signing a younger back row to bring them through, ideally they'll be playing a minor role next year, looking to be pushing for real game time at the end of a ~3 year deal. Can't just wait for when we need one to start.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
There’s always room for depth in those roles though, especially with Wrights injury history and the workload McReight and Wilson get through, a bit of rotation would be good for all so they aren’t burning out, and in Wilsons case it might let him be a bit more explosive.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Looking at the junior Wallabies, I think Leafi Talataina from Melbourne would be a good signing as a tall ball running backrower.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Now is the time to be signing a younger back row to bring them through, ideally they'll be playing a minor role next year, looking to be pushing for real game time at the end of a ~3 year deal. Can't just wait for when we need one to start.
Your right. When I read it the first time I missed the word young. For some reason I assumed ‘exciting’ would mean an older, accomplished player to add to the mix.

Singing another young gun is nothing but good news IMO.

Unless it’s Payne Haas in which case I really don’t know how I’d feel.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
We need genuine 2nd rowers, ideally Aussie qualified
Don't virtually all the Super Rugby franchises bar the Brumbies?

Tahs running primarily with guys like Holloway and Hanigan and only having got in the raw lump of Amotasero, Rebels losing two genuine locks in Phillip and Hosea for the comparatively light LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Force continuing to run with a chaotic mix of Journeymen and Rodda.