• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Flook also seemed a bit dazed after the kick chase when they trapped Jorgenson in-goal. I was a bit worried he’d picked up a head knock. Hopefully it was nothing.

He has really developed into a fine super rugby centre. Very good on both sides of the ball.

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Vunivalu likes piling into rucks, and yes he is a big body, but sometimes it would be better to have your powerful winger out on the wing to take a pass from the ruck rather than being stuck in there. Much rather see Jock out there, just seems a smart footballer. Agree with comments on Flook, hope he can stay fit because he offers a lot at centre.

Steve_Grey

Sydney Middleton (9)
Surely the Reds Development team should be putting away a SS club? One that finished near the bottom last year too.
Think it says a lot (or not a lot) for the Super Rugby Academies / Pathways systems - similar happened to NSW Waratahs B Team vs two Shute Shield Teams; they should win those easily, but too often they don't even have the best Colts in their pathways or academies.

I think it also says a lot that the top Shute Shield Teams (Easts not top accepted) have players that Super Rugby should be looking at but often get ignored.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Flook also seemed a bit dazed after the kick chase when they trapped Jorgenson in-goal. I was a bit worried he’d picked up a head knock. Hopefully it was nothing.

He has really developed into a fine super rugby centre. Very good on both sides of the ball.

yeah I noticed the team doctor watched a few replays on that one, but didn’t seem to fussed

Reactions: TSR

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
Think it says a lot (or not a lot) for the Super Rugby Academies / Pathways systems - similar happened to NSW Waratahs B Team vs two Shute Shield Teams; they should win those easily, but too often they don't even have the best Colts in their pathways or academies.

I think it also says a lot that the top Shute Shield Teams (Easts not top accepted) have players that Super Rugby should be looking at but often get ignored.
Talent I’d in this country is the biggest issue. Talents there just not being captured correctly

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
In this day & age of modern technology, I for the life of me cannot understand why you can't hear the questions from the media. Very disappointing as it would put into context the answers Kiss & Tate give.
Yep, shits me too!

I tried turning on closed captioning but that only gave the answers & not the questions....

Filipo Daugunu

Peter Burge (5)
Saw Toomaga-Allen played in the B team on the weekend, does this mean he is Qlds third best no.3 or was it just a hit-out after the knee injury? Think he would pretty handy to have at least on the bench this weekend behind Zane, considering how the Cane-train's scrum monstered the Force.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
From the Roar

Christy Doran’s Australian team of the week

Alex Hodgman, Matt Faessler, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Nick Frost, Seru Uru, Rob Valetini, Luke Reimer, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott, Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Hunter Paisami, Josh Flook, Dylan Pietsch, Andrew Kellaway.

Half a team of Red jumpers.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Still feel like Uru at lock is a bit of a waste. It seems unlikely that he will break into the Wallabies playing there whereas I think he is a realistic shot at 6.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I know the coaching has changed - but it doesn’t seem to have harmed the chances of guys look Holloway and Hooper to play lock regularly at super level.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Uru has always possessed qualities that made him intriguing. it seems to be really gelling in Round 1. Pushing that sort of selection pressure around is fabulous.

For mine though, the Wallabies can get knotted, right now we focus on what the Reds need. Wallabies have planty to prove, along with the rabble organisation around them, before we start considering dictating positions at the Reds.