• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Maybe a hot take, but I disagree - we've got plenty of centre choices and have found our feet playing a more expansive game which, historically, rarely happens with Kerevi in the centres.
We have made four line breaks in two games. The Chiefs have made 16 in two games. I repeat Kerevi would be nice.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Surely it wouldn’t be a player announcement. That would be an odd approach to name one player that way. Likewise a new Sponsorship unless it’s a massive one. Although maybe something direct back into grassroots could be possible.

I thought maybe Ballymore funding but would seem wrong to do that at Suncorp.

World Cup final? Would be worth that sort of attention but I can’t see that with all the focus in Qld around spending on sport events. Edit: (And just occurred to me that the QRU wouldn’t be announcing this)

You’ve definitely got me intrigued Reg.

Last edited:

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308-200038.png
    Screenshot_20240308-200038.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20240308-195932.png
    Screenshot_20240308-195932.png
    235.9 KB · Views: 51

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Trying to think what this is and I’ve got the following in descending order of likelihood (blind and absurd optimism):
- Quade back
- Ballymore development completion of the larger stand
- Genia back
- World Cup major matches at Suncorp such as both semis or something
- Slipper back after an early break of his contract next season
- Pocock decides he’s sick of politics and wants to come home and play again
- M Hooper signs.

Possibly that we're hosting magic round next year?

I like the return to Ballymore one though....

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Possibly that we're hosting magic round next year?

I like the return to Ballymore one though....
I don’t think that would be the Reds to announce though, surely the newly appointed Super Rugby Commission would be the ones to coordinate that and seek credit for, along with the QLD Govt as a tourism sponsor