• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

Kevinsons

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wonder how genuine the Dragons interest is? He's a Centre and unproven in their game so wouldn't command huge money. My guess would be 400-500k if he went over. Dragons have a stink on them at the moment and have been missing on everyone. They wanted Joey Manu and missed. They also wanted JS and missed.
Haven't the NRL proposed salary cap exemptions for signings from other football Codes? I wonder how that might inflate the $$$. You would think JP would be the type of potential signing it was designed for.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Our centre depth is outrageous - where does everyone think O'Connor will play when he returns?

I would have said start of year he is the utility off the bench but HMP has been playing great in the 1A & 1B flyhalf pairing of Lynagh/HMP.

after Issac Henry performance on Saturday. When Paisami & Petaia return - I’d have Henry somewhere in the mixer but ultimately could be left out if LK wants to go forward orientated bench split.

Red Twist

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ah, they were last weekend, sure (obvious). Hunter Paisami will slot straight back at 12 when he returns in my opinion. Josh Flook is another step up though - a complete lock on the #13 - I don't think 'm in a minority to suggest big wraps on the guy.
He's getting better and better, has a very rounded game. Very good balance.

Reactions: dru

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
There are plenty of wingers going around, let these guys go and spend the money on forwards as that is where the game is won. Start recruiting South African and Argentinian tightheads

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
We’ve got a current Wallaby tightheads who is still young and one of the best up coming young props already in our system. There always needs to be a production line but I don’t think that’s our position of immediate need

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Australia is producing good young Props over the last few years. De Luttis (Reds), Barrett (Tahs), Alatini (Brums), Pearce (Force) are just a few that will filter/already have with Pearce into Super Rugby over the next few seasons.

They take time to develop so plugging holes can be required but overall it's not a position of concern IMO. Hooker is one we lack elite depth though.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Australia is producing good young Props over the last few years. De Luttis (Reds), Barrett (Tahs), Alatini (Brums), Pearce (Force) are just a few that will filter/already have with Pearce into Super Rugby over the next few seasons.

They take time to develop so plugging holes can be required but overall it's not a position of concern IMO. Hooker is one we lack elite depth though.
Throwing the ball in a straight line really does seem beyond us.