• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Amazing first half from Ireland. 2 moments of pure magic, BOD's pass for Zebo's try and Zebo's pick/heal up for Healy's try.

The defence for those 2-3 minutes just before half time was really good and may prove crucial. 23-3 looks comfortable at half time but Ireland need to stretch it early in the 2nd half, if we think it's won and let Wales in early in the 2nd 40th we're in for a war for the rest of the game.

The only negatives for me have been Best's throwing in at the lineout and the fact we've kicked ball back to Wales when they're open to a counter from Gilroy/Zebo/Kearney.
Irelands intensity dropped after BODs try, although the defence was awesome at times. Not sure we deserved two yellow cards though. Warburton has firmly played himself out of the Lions captaincy, and they certainly missed a trick with Tipuric he changed the game when he came on

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What an absolutely brilliant game of rugby. Fair play to Wales for coming out and really giving it a go in the 2nd half. When he came on Tipuric proved why he's currently street ahead of Warburton on form.

What a retun from BOD, man of the match, scored a try. Showed so much today, the skill and attacking play in the 1st half, his nouse for his try, and defence in the 2nd half. He's not the player he was but he's still pretty special.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Scotland were very poor apart from some nice attack for their first try and the breakaway try in the 2nd half. Their defence and discipline were terrible and they couldn't cope with how quick England were off the line when they had the ball.

It's a good win for England and the scoreline especially the soft try Scotland let in at the death could be important in the final shake up. Still a lot fo work to do for Scotland and they'll have 1 or 2 good performances, I just hope 1 of them isn't against us.

England will be full of confidence coming to Dublin which is probably better for an Ireland team that really struggle when they're tagged as favourites especially against England or France.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bloody hell Farrell is becoming world class, kid can kick anything. England's D looked offside at times rushing up. Their breakdown efficiency and ball retention is top notch. They looked adventurous but most of their backs still aren't very threatening, I'm sure that will change with Tuilagi back however. Twelvetrees had a good debut, should pair him with Tuilagi. Mike Brown poor decision making too often, next.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
As predicted, leaving out Tipuric was bonkers although Ireland took the foot off the gas to a ludicrous extent after that early second half try and I still think St Sam of Bread should be carrying tackle bags for Mr Murdoch although any idea of him captaining is fanciful to say the least.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Breadman has been disappointing since That Tackle in RWC 2011.

Some "interesting" selections from the Welsh. Tipuric should have started. Some poor decision making in the backline.

What was it with the surface at the Arms Park? Has there been a lot of rain over there in the last week or so?

The coaches will be looking for improvement (better decision making, and elimination of basic errors) from both teams as the competition unfolds.

In the unlikely event that that is as good as it gets, then we have nothing to fear when the Big Red Lions Machine rolls up here in June/July.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well they would be 2 of the best opening 6N games I have seen for a few years. Ireland /Wales was a great game to watch even as a neutral, and England/Scotland game was certainly better than I thought it would be. Sure will shut up the moaners about NH rugby I would hope as both games were both good brands of rugby.
Have to agree with Gwerty on Farrell, thought he looked good against All Blacks in Nov, has gone well for Sarries in Heineken Cup, and sure carried it on in this test, looks a bloody good un. Scots didn't have a lot, Hogg at 15 made a couple of good runs,but first big one was when all the Poms were trying to mark everyone but him. Maitland would be happy with his try, but he will never be more than ok, which is why Saders let him go, but fair play he has found a niche for himself. Like the way the Pommy captain (Robshaw) plays the game at 7, very much plays the support game ,rather than the scavenger type, which seems to be the way of good opensides these days.
As for Welsh backs, centres especially Davies could do with switching on brain a bit more, and not sure the whole team got enough improvement to be a threat in comp.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Really enjoyed those first two games.

Ireland's attack in first half was great but their defence in second half was even better.

Scotland had a dig (which is a good sign for them going forward) but were outclassed by England who looked good.

Expecting France to get up over Italy and then it might be quite even between Ireland, France and England as to who comes out on top in the tournament.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Wales could be in serious trouble unless they sort out their selection issues, I think they need James, Tipuric, Hook and Scott Williams in their team. For all their possession and territory they created very little. They have become very predictable with the boshing 3/4ers.
Ireland finally have strung two performances together probably for the first time since 2009. Ross and D'Arcy will hopefully be fit for next week they are the two positions that we dont have good depth in. If we win next week, which is a big ask, whispers of a grand slam will start.
England looked ok, not sure they got a proper test from Scotland, some of the Scots defending wasn't great. Big test for Farrell next week not convinced on him yet sure he can kick goals all day but against a top class defence lets see what he can create. I think England will need Tuilagi back and on form to win.
Looking forward to seeing what France produce tonight, they'll want to lay down a huge marker after what Ireland and England have done.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ireland sure showed their class, one half was beautiful attack and the other resolute defense.
D'Arcy is the perfect link between Sexton and O'Driscoll while keeping the 10/12 channel shut.
Take this game as a good example of the value of a good 9 to 13 line on attack and defense.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The only good thing about the Scots was Hogg, he's fucking impressive.

Lions XV bolter?
Wouldn't think so, I doubt he'll even tour with Kearney and Halfpenny ahead of him. Added the likes of Zebo, Goode and Brown can cover full back just a well and offer options elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.