• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 16 - Blues v Rebels, Sat 2nd June @3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Are these refs high. How was that disallowed try from the knock on at the 29min mark a legal tackle. No wrap. All shoulder. Almost to the head. That's almost. Red card in other games.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
And it looks like the Wallabies have lost Uelese and potentially Maddocks as well who has left the field looking ginger. This scheduling of Super games the week before test matches is so dumb.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The consistency is just so bad. Blues were taking players off the ball at the ruck all the time. Rebels do it once and the touchy calls it. Absolute joke

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
The consistency is just so bad. Blues were taking players off the ball at the ruck all the time. Rebels do it once and the touchy calls it. Absolute joke

Ah shiggins, even from the right side of your comments I cannot agree with you mate.

Rebels clearly the better side but indicative of our quality that we couldn't get the winning BP. Too impatient.

I'll take the win and a few acknowledgements.

Koro has improved his timing in defence and is looking much better. Still lots of room for improvement there but I love that he is clearly learning from his mistakes.

Coleman has been pretty good the last couple of games. Send to be stepping up in prep for internationals.

Meek's been good too. It seem that he needs to have his spot questioned and come off the bench because when he does he is really good for the next couple of games.

Interesting stats with Genia on/off the field. I'd like too see the same stats with DHP on/off. Maddox's is a much better player with him there and as a team we are much more assured with two blokes back that are good under the high ball.

Pity the international break is comming because we seem to be getting some momentum back.

Oh, one last comment. NZ commentators are as far ahead of Australian commentators as NZ players are ahead of Air players. Good job from the commentary team I thought.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah overall a pretty competent performance. Bonus point should have been taken, but that aside the Rebels looked pretty much in control for all the game. Played some attractive rugby as well.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It is a sign we have a spring back in our step that people are disappointed we didn't earn a 3+ try bonus point in an away game against a New Zealand side. How a few weeks can change our perspective.

:)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
It is a sign we have a spring back in our step that people are disappointed we didn't earn a 3+ try bonus point in an away game against a New Zealand side. How a few weeks can change our perspective.

:)
Happy with the win, but bloody hell it should have been by more

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
A) Waratahs against the Hurricanes (29-24) in 2015, B) Brumbies against the Blues (20-13) in 2013.

EDIT: Unless be 'we' you mean the Rebels. Then it's against the Crusaders in 2015, coincidentally, by the same scoreline.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I meant an Oz team, but good stats anyway. Geez, that's a long time between drinks.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well done Rebels. Really puts the heat on the Sharks for the last finals spot

I would have said that the eight is very likely to be: Crusaders, Lions, Waratahs, Hurricanes, Chiefs, Highlanders, Rebels,The Sharks' inconsistency will leave them beached high and dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.