• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 16 - Blues v Rebels, Sat 2nd June @3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Rebels gave the Blues every chance to beat them with dropped ball and penalties , in the end the Blues returned the favour ,,
Meaks in good form , i was not a fan but coming around with his enthusiasm , Maddox played well hope he is ok , DHP really good and Matt Phillip best forward IMO ,, on the down side Mafi giving away too many penalties , i just dont think Ruru is up to it , kick charged down again, ball stolen from back of ruck again

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Can't stop thinking about the missed opportunities.

If Mafi realized the best thing he could do at a ruck is blow the opposition out of it so the 2nd man could go for the ball we would have won by 30 points. Everytime he goes for the ball he gives away a penalty when he could easily clear the way for someone else to come through and pick up the ball.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rebels gave the Blues every chance to beat them with dropped ball and penalties , in the end the Blues returned the favour ,,
Meaks in good form , i was not a fan but coming around with his enthusiasm , Maddox played well hope he is ok , DHP really good and Matt Phillip best forward IMO ,, on the down side Mafi giving away too many penalties , i just dont think Ruru is up to it , kick charged down again, ball stolen from back of ruck again

Aus kickers are poor but one thing that must be pointed out if the terrible positioning of the guards when box kicks are attempted. If the forwards get that right it's almost impossible to have the kick charged down.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Aus kickers are poor but one thing that must be pointed out if the terrible positioning of the guards when box kicks are attempted. If the forwards get that right it's almost impossible to have the kick charged down.

Has the law changed in relation to "binding" at the ruck? You used to have to be bound at the arm but I am continually seeing these guards or blocks for box kicks being set up with players standing next to each other with just a hand on the back of the bloke next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.