• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebel Army vs GAGR - Sydney Touch Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tallboy

Scarfman as I said to Waratahjesus I've got a bung foot at the moment so can't run but happy to play the coveted role of waterboy or canman depending on peoples choice of poison if needed. Will be delivered at a brisk walking pace so as not to show up the athleticism on display. Will be cruising down with Gooch so offer there if needed or any other job needs doing. Cheers

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The standard touch rules should be used, assuming you have a guy who has refereed touch games before. Eg, play the ball, no marker, half must pass, no kicking, ball touches the ground for a hand over, etc.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Rules?

1. Score a try - skull a beer
2. Drop the ball - skull a beer
3. Injure yourself or someone else - skull a beer

T

Travi34

one hand one bounce?

only if not used to score off that "phase"

mix it up a bit.

a beer for every 10kgs under 100kgs you are at the start of the game... to make it fair...

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
1. Scarf - confirmed +1
2. Jonnosan - confirmed (maybe + 1)
3. Panda - confirmed
4. gooch - confirmed
5. konze - confirmed
6. barbarian - confirmed
7. jay-c - confirmed

moses - ?
splex - ?
topo - ?
sevenpointdropgoal - ?
GTT + Tah crew - ?

That's about 8 confirmed, with a few to come. We're past the event horizon. It's on!

P.S. I've just thought of something brilliant. Boat race at half time!!

T

Travi34

We should have an individual "challenge" at 1/2 time. like a 5 event thing...

3 members from each side something from the following.

sprint - 50 m?
furthest pass left/right/combined (within certain accuracy)
longest lineout throw
furthest kick
most accurate kick/drop kick/place kick

with a strict 1 min per event time limit or something like that...

random thoughts...

also think it will be 5 a side at this stage... I doubt we can both get 12-15 players, PLUS beer drinkers...

(scarf - phone was being silly so will try replying to message again tonight!)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Bad news for everyone, the touch game may be upgraded to levels that require everyone to start training right now, will have details for everyone tomorrow.

For those that never hit the big time vogue want a little taste, sign up now.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Wtf?

If you are saying what I think you are then count me in even if it is just to be a waterboy.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I'm getting pretty excited. Can't wait to get down there and have a run around. Hopefully my knees, ankles, back and shoulder holds up long enough.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
can gagger technical support please set up a live press conference online tomorrow at 1130am RE:rebel army v supporTAHS touch game.

Status
Not open for further replies.