• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He actually went backwards as a 10 after that, i reckon. My view is he became more confident and tended to overplay his hand but there may have been structural issue in the team - i cant remember now.
The other thing is that he's lighter now than he was then.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Delve would be a massive loss. Lipman as well.
Perhaps saffy will convert to 7. Timmy Davo has looked solid last season and could play number 6 or 8. Chamberlain also had some solid performances in the NPC this past year at 8 and 6. at lock, i think we'll have one of campbell and byrnes around next season to couple with jones and pyle. jones has a bit of versatility and can play on the flank. but you're right, we'll need another lock and flank. - enter reds players out of contract as well as a few waratahs.

delve seems to like it here, but i'd suspect he'll head home and try to get recalled to the welsh team.

Cipriani, can we get him to leave earlier??

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Ford has been in the Rebels stable before; he's a fast back 3 man and knows how to score a try. Bennetts has been with the Tahs Academy, either pro or amateur, since he left school. He was chosen for the National Academy but elected to be in the Rebels Wider Training Group instead. He's a classy 13 more than a flyer, though he's not slow.

We all know AJ Gilbert but folks out of Sydney may not know that he was one of the best players in the Shute Shield in 2011. He looked like a Super Rugby player and maybe deserves another shot.

K

Keithy

Number 2.

It's just the statements contradict one another.

Also, Lipman, Delve (hopefully not), Cipriani will finish up at seasons end.

Backrow is a major issue.

Word in the camp is that Higginbotham and McCalman are in the mix for 2013 to replace these guys.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Word in the camp is that Higginbotham and McCalman are in the mix for 2013 to replace these guys.

Sorry bud. McCalman signed on for 2 last year. Unless there is a clause or he is released, the earliest you'll get him is 2014. Richard Brown will be off contract at the end of this season.

Don't know about Higginbotham but I don't remember him having signed on with the Reds recently so he might be a good target.

The Rebels should take a peg at one of the two Brumbies backrowers- Fainga'a or Hooper. White won't play both of them so one of them should end up frustrated warming the bench (if that).

A

Army_Gav

three more options in the backs? All good of course, but still, where are the future forwards?
Unless their betting on senior members of the Rising Squad , but last year's backrow (vs the Force) had Tom Chamberlain at 6, Hugh Perrett at 7 (made an appearence with the Tahs) and Luke Jones at 8.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
He actually went backwards as a 10 after that, i reckon. My view is he became more confident and tended to overplay his hand but there may have been structural issue in the team - i cant remember now.
The other thing is that he's lighter now than he was then.

I think a bit of his form slump was down to him putting on about 10kg of bad weight. He came out in the papers saying he had a talk with Robbie Deans and agreed to get off the fast food. As a result he reclaimed some lost speed he had and was an option at 15.
I think 15 suits him best but he could still play 10 if required (and would do a very good job).

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Jets

IIRR Beale started 4 games as the flyhalf for the Tahs last year when Barnes was crocked and the first thing I noticed was that he had lost his nice long pass. It was great at school and had already spoiled a bit when by the time the Tahs moved him to fullback.

Sure think of him as 3rd string by all means, but not too hard.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Jets

IIRR Beale started 4 games as the flyhalf for the Tahs last year when Barnes was crocked and the first thing I noticed was that he had lost his nice long pass. It was great at school and had already spoiled a bit when by the time the Tahs moved him to fullback.

Sure think of him as 3rd string by all means, but not too hard.
I never saw him play at school. I just assumed the long pass was never there. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.