• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
To the person who was talking about people wearing jearseys of non playing teams to games, I have one response: Go to an A-League game. It's a footballing disease that's infecting rugby.
its a very weird thing to do. I attended some of the u-20 soccer world cup back in canada a few years ago. I was at a Japan v Nigeria game and there were people in barcelona jerseys.....i don't understand it. probably never will. even at the rebels last year there would be people wearing springbok and all blacks jerseys to a game between the reds and the rebels.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
The good old roll out the football response, original material on this forum.

Do you go to A-League games btw? Plenty of knobs wear Liverpool, Barca etc...

Why not wear a Rugby jersey to an Aussie Rules game? Or vice versa, that's right you'd look like a idiot.

Not quite sure whether your attacking what I'm saying or not, but yeah I go to A-League games with some mates who are football mad (Brisbane Roar), on a regular basis. I feel that in order to understand how to put bums on seats in rugby, it's important to see every code and the positives it has. The A-League is pretty good (I think that of all sports), obviously the level of skill isn't quite there but it's still captivating. My point was that in Australia in particular, it's some kind of English expat thing / just everyone thing to go to A-League games wearing premier league jearseys. I would rock up in a group of 12 people, of which 4 where wearing liverpool jearseys, 2 chelsea, 4 Brisbane Roar and 2 standard clothing (myself). It's bizaare and I will never understand it, why you wouldn't just wear the jearsey of the team your supporting like most people do? I was using the A-League as my example because that's where the syndrome is most prevalent, you don't send to see much of it in Rugby circles.

A

Army_Gav

Not quite sure whether your attacking what I'm saying or not, but yeah I go to A-League games with some mates who are football mad (Brisbane Roar), on a regular basis. I feel that in order to understand how to put bums on seats in rugby, it's important to see every code and the positives it has. The A-League is pretty good (I think that of all sports), obviously the level of skill isn't quite there but it's still captivating. My point was that in Australia in particular, it's some kind of English expat thing / just everyone thing to go to A-League games wearing premier league jearseys. I would rock up in a group of 12 people, of which 4 where wearing liverpool jearseys, 2 chelsea, 4 Brisbane Roar and 2 standard clothing (myself). It's bizaare and I will never understand it, why you wouldn't just wear the jearsey of the team your supporting like most people do? I was using the A-League as my example because that's where the syndrome is most prevalent, you don't send to see much of it in Rugby circles.
Sorry mate, I interpreted it wrong, agree with you.

A

Army_Gav

Anyone else think the Energy Watch logo looks awful on the sleeve?

N

Newter

Hmm. Kurtley Beale gets a break from training because of "general soreness". He explains that the "injury" happened because he "didn't do much after Chrissy".
That hamstring tear was over three months ago. He should be fit and firing and pumped for the new season. Bit of a relaxed attitude developing in Melbourne, perhaps?

T

TOCC

The video doesn't mention anything about an injury, big difference between injury and muscle soreness..
I'm sure he was no different to the majority of the Wallabies who had took the Christmas break to relax and recuperate their bodies.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It's a big step up from the mo,
Good to see that the Melbournites have put the foot down on men's facial hair early.

A

Army_Gav

MEDIA RELEASE:

Beale to coach 100 indigenous youths

RaboDirect Rebels new recruit Kurtley Beale will be available to the media at approx 12.50pm this Wednesday, as part of the VRU Indigenous Rugby Expo Day in Frankston .

Beale will answer questions from 100 indigenous youths from 11.15am, before joining them for a bar-b-que at midday. From 1.00pm Beale will teach them all about the game of Rugby Union.

Beale will be joined at the VRU Indigenous Rugby Expo Day by fellow Rebels Mark Gerrard, Lloyd Johansson and Hugh Pyle.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Good to see. This is the very reason for Super Rugby expansion (TV rights aside)... the development of the game in Victoria.

Very, very happy to see it wasn't all just rhetoric from the private equity types (I was admittedly sceptical)

Well done Rebels and VRU

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have a sick sick feeling that this is the beginning of the end for Kurtley.

All you need to do is look at the facts that after his court case, he became a much better player, and he said it was because he surrounded himself with his family. Take out his family and add in the supposed drinking culture in melbourne and his own drinking problems, and the fact he is hanging out in Frankston and possibly living with someone his age, it does not bode well.

All I can say is that I hope that NSW can pick him up cheap at the end of this year.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Jeez that is a bit much #1.

There is no evidence Beale has a drinking problem, or there is a drinking culture in Melbourne. To make such a prediction with no evidence of either of these (not to mention the fact that Beale has not put a foot wrong since going to Melbourne) is pretty poor form IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.