• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
It's not really fact if you heard it word of mouth from a drunk former employee who has questionable character flaws after proving himself willing to divulge commercial in confidence information.
as already noted from IS - assuming the source didn't go out of his way, prior to leaving the club, to forge player feedback forms with the goal of showing them to his roommate (an avid Hawthorn fan with little if any passing interest in rugby) in the off chance the roommate would pass them onto one Sir Arthur Higgins - an individual with zero influence whatsoever at either ARU or Rebels organisations - so that SAH could share them on an Australian rugby blog..if we can assume that, then i think we can have some faith in the authenticity of the forms..even if you question the size of the media department.
alas - i will stop defending the posts and we can all do what we want with the info be it not believe it at all, surmise that my friend's roommate is a scandalous ingrate with little moral fibre or, at the very least, take it as yet another piece of the dysfunctional rebels pie.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Couldn't care less about the prawn sandwich brigade and how much money they pour in, tbh. Virtually none of them travel (I know of only one).

i respect that you take time out to travel to almost all of the rebels away games (at least in australia and some of NZ), but i don't think you should hate on those who are fans and choose not to.
like them or not (for whatever reason), the corporates and other fat cats attend the home games very well, pay good money for tickets and spend a decent bit on food and booze. the platinum section and weary dunlop are usually the most full sections of the stands.
we should be happy with every fan who chooses to support the team passively and regularly as it all helps.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Didn't state I hated those fans, I have friends who sit in the east/west stands and are platinum. The original discussion was in the context of the fixture, and how it suited the corporate types and I couldn't care less about that, being a determining factors.

However, let's be honest though, some are just there for the "networking" that goes on, with the game being a secondary consideration. I've seen it with my own eyes at Weary Dunlop functions in the past.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Didn't state I hated those fans, I have friends who sit in the east/west stands and are platinum. The original discussion was in the context of the fixture, and how it suited the corporate types and I couldn't care less about that, being a determining factors.

However, let's be honest though, some are just there for the "networking" that goes on, with the game being a secondary consideration. I've seen it with my own eyes at Weary Dunlop functions in the past.

My father knows little about rugby, though he watches plenty of games because of his kids.

As a reasonable successful man in the corporate world he's been to Weary lunches by invitation. He's not evil or scheming his way to the top, he just got offered a ticket to a lunch.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
gotcha. but with WD - if people want to plunk down that amount of cash to network. let them - the cash is a big boon for the club. i've been in once before and it was primarily rugby watchers.

i totally agree though, some diversity in games would be great. i only ask for two Saturday games and maybe a Sunday - that leaves 5 or 6 friday nighters.

T

TOCC

as already noted from IS - assuming the source didn't go out of his way, prior to leaving the club, to forge player feedback forms with the goal of showing them to his roommate (an avid Hawthorn fan with little if any passing interest in rugby) in the off chance the roommate would pass them onto one Sir Arthur Higgins - an individual with zero influence whatsoever at either ARU or Rebels organisations - so that SAH could share them on an Australian rugby blog..if we can assume that, then i think we can have some faith in the authenticity of the forms..even if you question the size of the media department.
alas - i will stop defending the posts and we can all do what we want with the info be it not believe it at all, surmise that my friend's roommate is a scandalous ingrate with little moral fibre or, at the very least, take it as yet another piece of the dysfunctional rebels pie.

Firstly I think you have confused who your initial argument was with, I never commented on the media department size nor do I really care.

I merely pointed out that the information you were spruiking as fact, isn't actually a 'fact' given the circumstances...

The variables which are involved are the reason behind this, il point out one for arguments sake...

- Sample size and specifics of the player reviews sighted, your friend who has no knowledge of rugby may very well have read to player reviews from disgruntled players about to get the sack or even EPS players. How many we're sighted, did he really read through 30-40 player reviews or was he show 2-3 and told that was a common theme across the rest.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Firstly I think you have confused who your initial argument was with, I never commented on the media department size nor do I really care.

I merely pointed out that the information you were spruiking as fact, isn't actually a 'fact' given the circumstances.

The variables which are involved are the reason behind this, il point out one for arguments sake.

- Sample size and specifics of the player reviews sighted, your friend who has no knowledge of rugby may very well have read to player reviews from disgruntled players about to get the sack or even EPS players. How many we're sighted, did he really read through 30-40 player reviews or was he show 2-3 and told that was a common theme across the rest.

fair points. i note i confused my targets...the heat of the online moment and all.....I've asked my mate now and he said he read 4 surveys all from players who are still with the team and in the senior squad and reiterated the player frustration was directed straight to the CEO...so beyond those four players, he and myself are taking the former employee at his word that the dislike for boland is/was a widespread thing.

D

daz

Given this is a Rebels thread, I am somewhat bemused that there is lots of "discussion" about who is the better fan or member, or how big the friggin' admin department is, yet when some genuine news filters through, it gets completed ignored.

*Ahem* Mitch Inman re-signed until 2015.

By all means carry on.

:confused:

T

Train Without a Station

Am I the only person who thinks $600k a year seems pretty damn reasonable for a bloke carrying the title and therefore the responsibility associated with being CEO? I don't know what exactly he has been tasked with achieving so I can't comment on how well he is doing his job. I do believe that $600k would probably be the lower end of major sports administration CEO salaries though and at the end of the day, especially roles where the amount of candidates with the required resume would be limited, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i have been waiting to get some information before adding to the current debate about the rebels CEO. i have no inside information about his performance or how well he is liked /disliked. i have only met him once briefly and have not formed any opinion as to his character.

regarding the $600K salary, i have sent to ASIC to get the balance sheets for rebels for year 2011 it may give some more informed debate about numbers etc.

according to ABS figures, the median salary for a CEO in 2012 was 162K, the top 20 CEO's in australia earned from 1.4 mill up. Andrew Demetriou's salary was 1.81mil in 2011, and the average wage at the AFL executive level is about $535K. in the UK premier league soccer 6 CEO's earn over a million, the average 870K pounds. the recent advert for the CEO of lawn bowls australia was $140K pa.

therefore i think $600K (if that is true) is at the top end of the salary scale for the CEO of a start up rugby franchise, i have no idea what he was paid at Visy.

with regard to how he gets on with people, rugby players in particular, could someone from paramatta tell us how they think he went as club president.

ps somewhat bizarrely the inman re signing was in the Qld papers a couple of days ago

kronic

John Solomon (38)
My father knows little about rugby, though he watches plenty of games because of his kids.

As a reasonable successful man in the corporate world he's been to Weary lunches by invitation. He's not evil or scheming his way to the top, he just got offered a ticket to a lunch.
Once again, didn't state that. You lot putting words in my mouth, so to speak.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Am I the only person who thinks $600k a year seems pretty damn reasonable for a bloke carrying the title and therefore the responsibility associated with being CEO? I don't know what exactly he has been tasked with achieving so I can't comment on how well he is doing his job. I do believe that $600k would probably be the lower end of major sports administration CEO salaries though and at the end of the day, especially roles where the amount of candidates with the required resume would be limited, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
depends what you're ceo of. a start up rugby club, i reckon it's a lot.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rebels facebook says hey are announcing more player signings this week.

Hope this includes JOC (James O'Connor), Pyle, Jones on the back of Inman signing on for another 2 years.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I hope Sexton and Lahiff can add a bit of starch to the rebels front row next year.

I expect Henderson, Robinson and Horie to be gone. Weeks and PAE to stick round presumably. I'd like to see leafa get a run some time soon.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I hope Sexton and Lahiff can add a bit of starch to the rebels front row next year.

I expect Henderson, Robinson and Horie to be gone. Weeks and PAE to stick round presumably. I'd like to see leafa get a run some time soon.
Henderson has absolutely spudded the place up this year. Would be close to the worst player in the competition.

Haven't heard great things about Sexton so I'm not hanging a lot of hope on him. We desperately need an acceptable loosehead though. I've been very happy with PAE so far, and he's only going to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.