• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hope that Wallabies 30 man squad is the training camp squad for the test side. We lose 2 Brumbies lose 10 players for the trip to ACT.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Suddenly my issue with Pyle or Jones being left out isn't so bad ;)
Just imagine they are missing those 10 players, we will have Beale making a last ditch effort to get selected. Covers loosing JOC (James O'Connor), than our back row stocks can cover Higgers.

How can the Brumbies cover all 10 players and Smith will be gone as well, that's 11 of there starters missing. Including pretty much the whole Backline in White, Lilo, Mogg, Tomane, McCabe.

Advantage Rebels as Brumbies will have top of the Australian conference wrapped up by than so can't complain about players being missing.

I hope so anyway.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Brumbies would still beat the Rebels due to their depth.
Alexander out, Sio in
Moore out, Siliva in
Palmer out, Murphy in
Mowen out, Kimlin in at 6
Auelua out, Smith at 8 and Fainga'a at 7
White out, Prior in
Lealiifano out, Holmes in
McCabe out, Kuridrani in
Tomane out, Rathbone in
Mogg out, Coleman in

That depth from a Force fan's perspective is enviable, but I refute the claim the match would be a piss up ;)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hope that Wallabies 30 man squad is the training camp squad for the test side. We lose 2 Brumbies lose 10 players for the trip to ACT.

Except that Pulver has stated that if the Brumbies are in finals contention they would have players made available to them.........

mech4bg

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'll be back in Aus for that Brumbies game, so I'm hopeful we can at least keep it competitive... would love to be able to see a good Rebels game while I'm back home. Shame they're not playing at AAMI park :(

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The fact that the brumbies have unearthed a second choice front row that it better than the rebels first choice one is testament to the value that astute recruitment can add to a team.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
The fact that the brumbies have unearthed a second choice front row that it better than the rebels first choice one is testament to the value that astute recruitment can add to a team.
Henderson > Murphy. Otherwise, yes.
The real blow in my eyes is that Pauliasi Manu is now a semi-regular starter for the Chiefs after the Rebels said he wasn't fit enough to play for them.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The real blow in my eyes is that Pauliasi Manu is now a semi-regular starter for the Chiefs after the Rebels said he wasn't fit enough to play for them.

They obviously didn't use the same criteria as Manu when deciding that Beale was fit enough to play.........

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Henderson > Murphy. Otherwise, yes.

Thats pretty debatable. I'd have PAE over Murphy but not henderson.

The guy can hardly pack a scrum without one hand on the ground.

I doubt its the rebels fault manu isnt playing for them. I reckon he left on his own accord after getting a better offer.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Throughout the last 15 there was, to me at least, an inevitability that we would lose.
The ref was poor in that period I thought there should've been a not releasing call against the kings.
That aside - if Angus Roberts ever plays for us again - we are as doomed as we were the moment he came on for kingi. As much as possible he lost us the game in the last 15. Not entirely him, but horrrrrrrrrid kick from hand, penalty for holding a player, terrible flick pass to touch, and of course him yet AGAIN dropping a catch.
He is shit. I don't care if he is young and needs more time to mature - exactly more time at club rugby.
Hill is clueless. Take off Inman just as he was finding holes Why he didn't put Mitchell on the wing. Shift Woodward to fullback and take Roberts off is beyond me.
That said, wood wards kick out on the full was terribly basic.
Overall we played well for 60 minutes. Hill is not up to it and I reckon he is sacked and as per growden, aimin for a Northampton saints gig

Status
Not open for further replies.