• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Geez lots of love for Mitchell on here. He may well work hard and have heart but stiff shit. The guy isnt up to it. Can barely beat a tackle and consistently defends 15-20m in from touch and then has his opposite winger score in the corner with him making a despereate attempt to tackle. Off to Scotland for me.

KB (Kurtley Beale) needs to stay at 15. Huxley is puss, move him on. The Rebels should have thrown every thing at Lilo and I mean everything. He is a Melbourne boy about to come into his best years. He and some decent props, an 8 and we are away.

KB (Kurtley Beale) looks great at 10 late in a match where the match is over or tired defenders but he is better suited to 15 in open space. He, like JOC (James O'Connor) are more individuals, nothing wrong with that but they cant play as a 10 if thats the case. Just has to stop the farking chip kicks and hang onto the pill.

All of this. Also, not sure on the contract status of Vaea, Fardy and Auelua but I hope the Rebels are seriously thinking about them.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fardy re-signed today for another 2 years...

I'm sure Fotu is on contract for another year at least...

Unsurea bout Vaea... although he only signed on to a full time contract last year...

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Fardy re-signed today for another 2 years...

I'm sure Fotu is on contract for another year at least...

Unsurea bout Vaea... although he only signed on to a full time contract last year...

Cheers buddy. They've all been fantastic pickups for the Brumbies. Whoever your talent scout is at the moment they're earning their pay.

E

ellabroz

Aren't the Rebels looking at Dave Dennis for next season?

And if his knee is up to it, throw sum money at Sam Lane. Rebels need a 5/8 who doesn't need to stroke his own ego on every play. Someone who wants to involve the players outside of them, run in support, kick well and smartly and above all, not publish every single thought on twitter.

Quade - stay in Brisbane!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I believe Dennis has signed on with the Tahs...

I've heard many people touting Dennis as a Rebel but who knows. He'd be a silly pick-up as I'd hope Jones turns into that tall 3rd lineout jumper type flanker, in time.

And if his knee is up to it, throw sum money at Sam Lane. Rebels need a 5/8 who doesn't need to stroke his own ego on every play. Someone who wants to involve the players outside of them, run in support, kick well and smartly and above all, not publish every single thought on twitter.

I wouldn't mind us picking him up providing we had a strong flyhalf ahead of him. You can't throw money at a player who breaks so easily.

Plus next year will be our 3rd season which I always had pencilled in at the back of my mind as the year we can start expecting things from the REbels.

E

ellabroz

I've heard many people touting Dennis as a Rebel but who knows. He'd be a silly pick-up as I'd hope Jones turns into that tall 3rd lineout jumper type flanker, in time.

I wouldn't mind us picking him up providing we had a strong flyhalf ahead of him. You can't throw money at a player who breaks so easily.

Plus next year will be our 3rd season which I always had pencilled in at the back of my mind as the year we can start expecting things from the REbels.

I think Dennis could also play at 8. And considering the attritional nature of Super Rugby, he would be a very handy signing.

As for Same Lane, I agree about his knee. My point was mainly about the need to find the right type of 5/8. We need a guy to get the back line functioning, not try and be the back line!

Who are some 5/8 candidates around Australia available for 2013?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe they should try and sign a Kiwi 10.

Quality young 10s seem to grow on trees over there.

What's the bet they have another gun player in the U20 World Cup this year?

The last three years they've had Cruden, Bleyendaal and Anscombe.

I wish we could produce 10s of that quality so quickly.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mike Delany might be available, he's playing well for the Highlanders yet was only the 3rd choice and only stepped up due to injuries.

E

ellabroz

Mike Delany might be available, he's playing well for the Highlanders yet was only the 3rd choice and only stepped up due to injuries.

He'd be a great choice. However, I think he's still contracted to play in Japan and is only at the Highlanders on a limited release.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

If he is available I'd be all over him like a cheap suit if I were the Force or Rebels.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
You need every bit of bastardry in your pack you can lay your hands on.

What do you want? More flash backs? That sure had worked a treat for the Rebels.

No, I want more decent front and back rowers.

On our books we have experienced players (Campbell and Byrnes), young and improving players (Jones and Pyle), and players the yet to really experience super rugby (King and Neville).

We need no more locks.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...-queensland-reds/story-e6frf4qu-1226345389798

There is every change we could get Higgers in 2013 and there is every reason we should be Jenkins.

Higgers/Jenkins to replace Delve/Lipman would mean a similar quality of player for a similar price with a lesser pricetag (and age). Genius work again Enforcer.

They would be an excellent addition to your squad. Obviously Higgers is excellent but I think Jenkins is one of the most, if not the most underrated Aussie player in the comp.

Jack Lam would also be a great pick-up if he ever decides to move back to Australia...

Status
Not open for further replies.