• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Sorry if my english isn't very good.

I mean in Australia New South Wales the game is pre-established for the first 4 or 5 phases (maybe more). At Toulouse after 2 or 3 phases players don't know what they must do so they must adapt. This way of playing rugby at Toulouse was theorised in the 80s by Robert Bru and coach Pierre Villepreux, they called it "intelligence situationnelle" in french, in english we could translate it by "to be able to think by yourself and take the good decision (individually and together) given the situation on the pitch, if you have the ball or not." Two points are important here : the general movement around the ball holder and the capacity not to fall down on the pitch to play standing up by using pass just after contact (i'm not sure this is the good term, i mean when a player is tackled he must try to pass the ball to a partner before falling down on the pitch in order to avoid a ruck).

I don't say there is better method but that's different and some players need time to adapt.

fixed it for you ;)

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
if JOC (James O'Connor) is 5/8 and beale FB then mitchell and inman in the centres and rokobaro and ? english on the wings or sidey at IC and mitchell on the wing. loss of woodward and vuna looking problematic
I was thinking more something like this:
9 Phipps
10 Beale
11 Mitchell
12 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 Inman
14 Rokobaro
15 Kingi

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
phipps, JOC (James O'Connor), Rokobaro, Sidey, Inman, Mitchell, KB (Kurtley Beale)
Strizaker, English, and either hegarty or Angus.

vuna is a big loss as that is some good experience gone. looking forward to it though. 2 weeks to go!
predicting 15-17k in attendance.

and a rebels win.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kingi is the guy for the wing. I think it'll be

9 Phipps
10 Beale
11 Kingi
12 O'Connor
13 Inman
14 Rokobaro
15 Mitchell