• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
personally i think beale and oconnor will probably play 10 and 12, but i suspect that especially now woodward and vuna are out, one of them may have to play at the back. saturday will be revealing. they could go for roberts at FB or even 5/8 allowing JOC (James O'Connor) and inman to play in the centres with beale at 10 or 15, and rokobaro and mitchell the wings. stirzaker, kingi and sidey the bench. or as i said earlier english on a wing, mitchell in the centres. i like the idea of JOC (James O'Connor) at FB, but he clearly wants to play up front and beale played his best football for the rebels last year at 5/8.
interesting times ahead

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Mitchell at fullback? What?

Was speaking to Pyle on Sunday, suspects this might be like a proper game. No 1/4s.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
English and Hegarty supposedly did well during the trial. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that they've been given a call up to work in the outside backs.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
English and Hegarty supposedly did well during the trial. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that they've been given a call up to work in the outside backs.
By regular game also, I mean less subs and something closer to our best XV, more or less. Season is Friday week, short lead up.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Hegarty played like a league player and English needs to improve his defense skills...it would surprise me if they were given the call up at the start of the season

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
IMO, with Vuna & Situati out, this could be an interesting approach (in terms of picking best possible squad)

9 - Phipps
10 - roberts
11 - O'Connor
12 - Sidey
13 - Inman
14 - Mitchell
15 - Beale

20 - Stirzaker
21 - English
22 - Hegarty/Rokobaro

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
IMO, with Vuna & Situati out, this could be an interesting approach (in terms of picking best possible squad)

9 - Phipps
10 - roberts
11 - O'Connor
12 - Sidey
13 - Inman
14 - Mitchell
15 - Beale

20 - Stirzaker
21 - English
22 - Hegarty/Rokobaro

I can't see a scenario where Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) both end up in the back 3. Let's remember Kingi displayed utility value and performed well at both wing and fullback in his time.

It'd be a shame to condemn a potentially international 9 to utility status then not use him when the need arises.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hey Guys looks like im might be at the game next friday as im working in seymour over the weekend so trying to talk the boss into alittle trip south for the game. Just a question about the Gen admin tickets is it a first in first served type thing?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hey Guys looks like im might be at the game next friday as im working in seymour over the weekend so trying to talk the boss into alittle trip south for the game. Just a question about the Gen admin tickets is it a first in first served type thing?
The Rebel Army has a area but invite anyone to kit around them and than the rest of Gen admin is first in first served, I normally have gone to watch what ever game is on before hand and it's not till 15 minutes before kick off that these areas start to fill up. You won't have a problem getting a seat.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah I don't get why the Rebels want him with Phipps and Stirzaker, all 3 of the are too good to be out of the 22. When do their contracts run out?
You'd take Burgess over Phipps any day. Only reason he isn't the Wallabies 9 is because a man named Genia exists.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Pretty sure all 3 scrum half's at the Rebels signed new contracts last season, so really think he should go to Force.
We have mathewson on a 2 year deal and you would think that sheehan is in his last year so maybe next year a mathewson/burgess tag team i like the sound of that.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.