• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Biggest positive I took from the match, being able to pile on 19 points in such a short time.

In seasons past, that happens to us, and we have to catch up.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
I imagine the team that played for 60 minutes yesterday is close to the starting 15 for this weekend if everyone came through unscathed.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Team is reported as:

Melbourne v Western Force, AAMI Park, 7.30pm Friday

Nic Henderson, Ged Robinson, Laurie Weeks, Hugh Pyle, Luke Jones, Scott Higginbotham, Scott Fuglistaller, Gareth Delve, Nick Phipps, Kurtley Beale, Richard Kingi, Rory Sidey, Mitch Inman, Lachlan Mitchell, James O'Connor.

Paul Alo-Emile, Shota Horie, Cadeyrn Neville, Jarrod Saffy, Nic Stirzaker, Tom English, Alex Rokobaro.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Now that is a quality team. Really rate Fuglistaller and English, and great to see Kingi get a go.

Forwards look solid, the backs? Meh

Two attacking threats in Beale & JOC (James O'Connor), the rest are not known to be any threat at all

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Now that is a quality team. Really rate Fuglistaller and English, and great to see Kingi get a go.

Kingi looked really solid in the trials, Rokabaro looked too small. By the stats he shouldn't be, but he looked it.

Sidey looked better than expected and Inman looked well on the way to mastering Mortlock's famous uncanny ability to chase his feet in contact (though he's not there yet).

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Team is reported as:

I'm a bit surprised to see Neville on the bench, though not in a bad way. By all accounts Luke Jones tore it up in the trials so it's good to see performance rewarded. It's shame Vuna and Woodward are injured as I think it would be a much stronger back line with them in it, Sidey and Inman are a little too similar for my tastes, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Our wingers are also awfully small compared to some, I'm not at all familiar with most of the new names in the Force backs but hopefully it's enough to get past them, at least by 1 point...

Can't wait for the game, I'll be there with my Rory Sidey streetwear Rebels cap on.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm expecting a big year from Kingi. I think he'll add some spark on the wing. I hope Inman can go as well as think he can. Needs to run hard and hit good lines.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I suspect the team will benefit from Woodward's return. There was a lot of good noise surrounding him. I expect him to take one of the Wing positions.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
That's a solid team, but my worry is the center pairing. I don't really rate Sidey at all, and Inman, whilst being a good player, doesn't have that attacking flair.

Both of them are pretty similar, meaning alot of pressure is put on Beale & O''Connor, especially without Vuna, to create opportunities.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
That's a solid team, but my worry is the center pairing. I don't really rate Sidey at all, and Inman, whilst being a good player, doesn't have that attacking flair.

Both of them are pretty similar, meaning alot of pressure is put on Beale & O''Connor, especially without Vuna, to create opportunities.
Sidey was sensational in Geelong, and showed a lot more attacking threat than I would have expected. He and Inman are a very solid pairing and know each other's games inside out. I agree that the wings look a little light, but without Woodward & Super Coop we are a little short of options. At least we know what we are getting from LM & RK - in the case of LM, 110% effort, commitment and tenacity. In RK's case, some attacking spark and a good kicking game. I think we have definitely named the strongest team possible. If you consider some of the guys who have been left out (Leafa, Davidson, Roberts, Reid) and have been smashing it in the trials, a lot to be excited about

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm expecting a big year from Kingi. I think he'll add some spark on the wing. I hope Inman can go as well as think he can. Needs to run hard and hit good lines.

We have been expecting a big year from Kingi for how long?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
We have been expecting a big year from Kingi for how long?
The issue with him is that he hasn't really had a chance. He was the back up 9 as Phipps was getting established and then used as an outside back. He's had a bad run with injuries in terms of when they have happened. If he gets 3-4 games under his belt I think his value will be seen by all.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The issue with him is that he hasn't really had a chance. He was the back up 9 as Phipps was getting established and then used as an outside back. He's had a bad run with injuries in terms of when they have happened. If he gets 3-4 games under his belt I think his value will be seen by all.

I could easily see him being a similar player to Ben Lucas by the end of the year, hugely valuable at Super level because of his utility value and even maybe a fringe Wallaby because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.