• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Must have switched on game day. I admire Ellison's tatts & Inman's silholette. ;) Fairly sure that was the way they played at least the first half.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Correct. Saw it with my own eyes!

Three trial games, three times at 12 for Mitch.

Unless my maths is wrong, or Tony is pulling a swifty, I predict Mitch at 12 next weekend.

The trend of naming guys in whatever jersey the coach feels like is really shitting me.

D

daz

The trend of naming guys in whatever jersey the coach feels like is really shitting me.

Yeah, not sure why Tony would do that. I can't see any value to it being a tactic to confuse the opposition coach, given it is a trial game and players are expected to float around.

It does however, confuse the hell out of us.

And by the way, you are welcome. I attended all three trials and there were three wins. Pretty sure I caused that, not the hard work by the guys in the off-season.

;)

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I would be surprised if Lahiff does not start. The man is a machine..

He is a unit, but I think he is being groomed for a LHP role. When you put him up again Toby smith, a 2 time Super Rugby champion, he might not make the starting team immediately. He also has the ability to play both LH and TH well, so TT might be keeping him as the super sub option. The man is a beast and it will only be a matter of time.

We are very flush for choice when it comes to props this year, a wonderful thing if you ask this ageing old prop.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Yeah, not sure why Tony would do that. I can't see any value to it being a tactic to confuse the opposition coach, given it is a trial game and players are expected to float around.

It does however, confuse the hell out of us.

And by the way, you are welcome. I attended all three trials and there were three wins. Pretty sure I caused that, not the hard work by the guys in the off-season.

;)

Can I then credit / blame you for the slow Beer queue at the Geelong trial, which was the only match I could attend. :) Also, what was with the weather at our trials? I've never sweated so much at the Rugby before.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

I mustn't have had that much to drink then.....

He is a unit, but I think he is being groomed for a LHP role. When you put him up again Toby smith, a 2 time Super Rugby champion, he might not make the starting team immediately. He also has the ability to play both LH and TH well, so TT might be keeping him as the super sub option. The man is a beast and it will only be a matter of time.

We are very flush for choice when it comes to props this year, a wonderful thing if you ask this ageing old prop.

That explains it. And yes, the Rebels do appear to have a wonderful stock of props this year. Wonder how we can encourage some north....... ;-)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I mustn't have had that much to drink then...

That explains it. And yes, the Rebels do appear to have a wonderful stock of props this year. Wonder how we can encourage some north... ;-)

michael-scott-no.gif

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)

Unless my maths is wrong, or Tony is pulling a swifty, I predict Mitch at 12 next weekend.
I was calling for that last year. If Tony's been reading my posts we're in for a good year. Inman at 12 makes so much sense, both on attack and defence.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Shota Horie is in doubt for Friday's match v Cheetahs with leg and knee soreness.

Not surprised by that at all. Already played a full season and I would think his body needs a rest. Will be missed, but I think it's a wonderful chance for Pat to step up into the starting role and make a good fist of it. He's been doing well in the trials.

Anyone catch the cheetahs vs bulls match last night? Very surprised with the scoreline (cheetahs up 15 - 9). I like the idea the cheetahs didn't cross the chalk. The travel isn't going to help them too much when they face us next Friday.

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
Daz, Ellison didn't play the first trial. In the second trial he came on at 12 in the second half and pushed Inman back to 13. English went to the wing. I didn't see the Reds trial but in Geelong Ellison was leaps and bounds ahead of Inman as a 12. Looking at the boys running their attack today, he was at 12 again.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Inman did run at 12 yesterday but Ellison didn't train so really we're still none the wiser about how they will run out on Friday.

Shota didn't train either.

Pretty good day I thought and a decent sized crowd as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.