• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is anyone making the trip up to Albury? It'd be good to get a slightly un-biased report of the match as I'm assuming vision and non-club reporting will be limited.

I tweeted the Waratahs yesterday and asked if there would be any coverage at all (live stream etc.).

They said a live stream was unlikely but that the Rebels (as the host) were trying to organise a live radio call of the game.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm making the trip DOWN to Albury, Tex. Staying with my brother in the sporting capital of the western world, Wagga Wagga. Apparently there's a meeting of (Wagga) Waratahs Old Boys on Friday night, spose I should be going.

If you're not so badly hung over after the Old boys meeting, we would all appreciate a full game report on the Saturday match. It looks like that will be the only info we'll get on the game.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'm making the trip DOWN to Albury, Tex. Staying with my brother in the sporting capital of the western world, Wagga Wagga. Apparently there's a meeting of (Wagga) Waratahs Old Boys on Friday night, spose I should be going.

Haha fair play. If it's a Rebels home game surely it should be played south of the border in Wodonga...

It'd be good to hear how the game goes for both sides. The media that clubs put out is sometimes transparently cheery.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Not heading this weekend, Road trip to Geelong? Get the train so you can have those few extra beers. That's the plan anyway, head down in the afternoon for a few beers and than catch the train back afterwards. (Will be back in time to watch Ireland v Wales)

Regards to pre-game drinks, normally in Richmond at the Post Office cafe near the train station with a few friends. We all sit in different areas but meet for beers before every game.

Sorry, in my eyes road trip loosely translates to train trip to Geelong. If I remember correctly there is a train station right near the stadium and apparently a decent pub nearby? Warm up beers perhaps?

As for Beers before regular home matches I've typically hung out at the Cricketer's Arms, but I can be persuaded to get a cheap Pizza and Pint before a match. Depending if we win Ill be up for pints after the match too; typically anywhere within stumbling staggering slow walk distance of Richmond station.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The Corner is a surprisingly quiet option pre-match, considering it's probably the closest pub to the ground.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I know Turf Bar is popular pre game too although it's really only a good option for those finishing work in the CBD.

I met Fivestarstu there for the only Rebels game I've attended.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I know Turf Bar is popular pre game too although it's really only a good option for those finishing work in the CBD.

I met Fivestarstu there for the only Rebels game I've attended.

Too far from the stadium pre game, always good afterwards though.

One thing the Rebels fans need, a mutual pre game pub. With the stadium being short walk from the City and Richmond we have so many options.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Richmond has a cornucopia of drinking holes!

It should be easy enough to organise in the weekly match thread. Nominate a bar close to the ground and those in the area can swing past for a chinwag.

Agree about the Turf. It's good if you can get a table but inconvenient for a pre-match beer.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Agreed. I'm coming from the eastern 'burbs and going to the CBD, then back to Richmond is counterproductive. And it eats into valuable drinking time.

Richmond is easy and everyone will have their fav watering holes. I know that RCH, PO hotel, Holliava specifically cater for that 25 - 40 market and have a firm eye on serving decent beer and having meals for people heading off to the footy (known in some circles as dude food). All those three have Fat Yak on tap so i'm very easy to please.

I like the suggesting of picking a watering hole before game day and lobbing there for a pint.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Would like to make it one pub, already had a good crew at the post office each week last year. Turn that out door area into the rebels pre game spot. Plus would make it before happy hour finished most weeks.

Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tom Kingston playing a full match as well, Lahiff only playing in the 1st quarter.

Like the look of the back line for the 3rd and 4th quarters. Don't think he is giving to much away with forwards selections, all the talk has been about defense so will be interesting to hear how they get on at the breakdown.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Can you buggers south of the border agree what you're going to do before home games. I texted one of you to meet at Beer DeLuxe in Federation Square before the Tahs match last year and was stood up. Was I in the wrong watering hole? Was I wearing the wrong clobber? As my lovely spare rib was with me at the time I must say I was very impressed with BDL, could've quite happily made a session of it.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah its interesting colbys play 6 and 8.. I dont really see him big enough for either.. maybe 6 at a push.. amd the fact his a fantastic 7 when fit..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Possibly working on him playing at 6 to have two opensides on the ground if he and fuglistaller end up being them.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.