• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Shame about Stirzaker. I've heard good things about Meehan, but is he ready for 20 minutes a game?

according to the rebels website on tuesday
neville 3 weeks, thomson indefinite !

Thomson probably wouldn't get any game time anyway, he's the 4th choice lock.

Maybe he'll get named in a few 23 man squads but if they want to start Jones, Neville, and Pyle I think we'll see Jones shifting into lock for another back rower more than we'll see a lock being used off the bench.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Shame about Stirzaker. I've heard good things about Meehan, but is he ready for 20 minutes a game?

Thomson probably wouldn't get any game time anyway, he's the 4th choice lock.

Maybe he'll get named in a few 23 man squads but if they want to start Jones, Neville, and Pyle I think we'll see Jones shifting into lock for another back rower more than we'll see a lock being used off the bench.

I worry with both him and caydern out of action they we migth be running a little thin on big men. Big Red Sam is about, but still needs to be slowly introduced to S15. I suppose you could sue Lopeti as a spare lock.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
How are you handling the Saffa only round? I don't get what to do.

I am going into it with 14 players, the rest are ANZACs and my bench is full of ANZACs. Only way to do it. We get 6 transfers in week 1-2 so they will be used on getting some talent into my team.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I know I know. I'll come around when I could be bothered, but I will be honest with you, that whole South African conference is basically a black hole for me. I don't know who plays where for whom. Or usually even who "who" actually is.

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
Did I miss something or are we still missing 2 players from our roster? There was talk of an international maybe? Has anyone heard anything?

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
One of the EPS players will get a full time spot (probably Leafa) and then there will be another EPS player signed (again, probably another hooker). Not sure about the final squad spot, there was that talk of a 'international' player a while back but nothing since.

Squad for the trial match is up in the game day thread. Ellison is playing at 13 for a half which should be interesting.

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
One of the EPS players will get a full time spot (probably Leafa) and then there will be another EPS player signed (again, probably another hooker). Not sure about the final squad spot, there was that talk of a 'international' player a while back but nothing since.

Squad for the trial match is up in the game day thread. Ellison is playing at 13 for a half which should be interesting.

After Albury, my money is on Pat Leafa getting the spot for sure. I don't know if there is much in it considering neither of these guys are a fly-half or lock that we apparently need, but its interesting they are giving Joe Kamana and Lalakai Foketi another run on the weekend.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
After Albury, my money is on Pat Leafa getting the spot for sure. I don't know if there is much in it considering neither of these guys are a fly-half or lock that we apparently need, but its interesting they are giving Joe Kamana and Lalakai Foketi another run on the weekend.
How did Foketi go last weekend

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
After Albury, my money is on Pat Leafa getting the spot for sure.

Especially as this will be Shota's last year. For 2015 we'll probably have Sexton, Leafa and the new EPS guy. BTW, Shota is playing in the Japan Top League final this weekend.

Interesting team for this weekend. It looks like the first half we'll see pretty close to the starting backline (except Ellison will probably go to 13 and English to 11) and, close to the starting forward pack in the second half.

Seems Colby is being reborn as a BSF?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
can anyone shed any light as to how Cruze is traveling? did he play in the trial match?

Don't know how he went but he was down to play 20mins against the 'tahs - not named this week.

T

tranquility

From the very first time I saw Colby play, he looked a 6 to me. Kind of like Tamati Horua. It's just a shame he isn't a bit taller or a bit heavier. Realistically though, he is a better 7 than Reid or Fuji so he still could get the spot quite easily.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Colby Fainga'a always reminds me of Thierry Deusitour in how he plays. Always physically combative and never shunts the hard stuff. Not the flashiest player but always rock solid.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Especially as this will be Shota's last year. For 2015 we'll probably have Sexton, Leafa and the new EPS guy. BTW, Shota is playing in the Japan Top League final this weekend.

Interesting team for this weekend. It looks like the first half we'll see pretty close to the starting backline (except Ellison will probably go to 13 and English to 11) and, close to the starting forward pack in the second half.

Colby captained Aus U20s playing 6 to Michael Hooper at 7. It is not a strange position for him.

IMO Colby could finish up the best of the Fa'ainga brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.