• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
The Rebels have mentioned on their Facebook page a couple of times that they won't be signing BB.

Since we do need a lock and a hooker and, because the "Big Announcement" is going to be on Rugby HQ, I'm guessing it's John Eales and Phil Kearns!

With Woodward leaving we do need a kicker...

D

daz

Welcome to GAGR, Average Outside Centre.

Good to see another Rebels supporter flying the flag here. Or are you a former Red's fan who is following the rest of the team to Melbourne?

:D

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
When is it and what's the premise behind it?

Very little info at this stage. Basically, they're just asking people to register their interest to participate in a forum on two dates (TBA) between now and the end of the year.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
So I can see we've melted down Twitter and GAGR with speculation about this big announcement. Didn't see it mention player signings.

Soooo......throwing the ball out there, could it be they are announcing something else like I dunno a sponsorship or even private equity deal. Much as I don't want to give the pieman credit, the rumour has been hanging around for a while. Might not meet the 'special' category.

Also, some decent quality posting on the #nottherebelsannouncement tag :)

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
So I can see we've melted down Twitter and GAGR with speculation about this big announcement. Didn't see it mention player signings.

Soooo..throwing the ball out there, could it be they are announcing something else like I dunno a sponsorship or even private equity deal. Much as I don't want to give the pieman credit, the rumour has been hanging around for a while. Might not meet the 'special' category.

Also, some decent quality posting on the #nottherebelsannouncement tag :)

They've been really selling this as a big announcement, so you have to think it might be more then just signings, or at least the Fainga'as. The rumour that it'll be 2 big player signings this week has come from a few places though so I wouldn't be surprised to see both players and a private equity deal announced.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Confirmed
Cruze Ah-Nau, Prop
Laurie Weeks, Prop
Toby Smith, Prop
Max Lahiff, Prop
Paul Alo-Emile, Prop
Tom Sexton, Hooker
Pat Leafa, Hooker
Cadeyrn Neville, Lock
Sam Jeffries, Lock
Steve Cummins, Lock
Luke Jones, Lock
Sean McMahon, Flanker
Scott Fuglistaller, Flanker
Jordy Reid, Flanker
Colby Fainga'a, Flanker
Scott Higginbotham, No. 8
Lopeti Timani, No. 8
Nic Stirzaker, Scrumhalf
Luke Burgess, Scrumhalf
Ben Meehan, Scrumhalf
Jack Debreczeni, Flyhalf
Bryce Hegarty, Flyhalf
Tom English, Centre
Lachlan Mitchell, Centre
Tamati Ellison, Centre
Mitch Inman, Centre
Mike Harris, Centre
Tom Kingston, Wing
Cam Crawford, Wing
Dom Shipperly, Wing
Telusa Veainu, Wing
Jonah Placid, Fullback

Unsure of status
Eddie Aholelei, Prop
Shota Horie, Hooker
Angus Roberts, Flyhalf
Male Sau, Centre
Alex Rokobaro, Fullback

Exiting
Chris Thomson, Lock
Hugh Pyle, Lock
Lalakai Foketi, Centre
Jason Woodward, Fullback

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Just on that note (Full time contracted players).

Iff, we were taken over by a private investor, would the squad sizes, and make up apply? Or would we be able to do whatever we wanted within reason.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
32 contracted players. Buggered if I know what happens with EPS contracts so I've just lumped them all in together until I'm told otherwise.

Sau, Rokobaro, Aholelei and Horie are all capped internationals. Roberts probably needs more time in the NRC if he's going to pick up a Super Rugby contract. Bit of a journeyman it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.