• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
We only brought in 2 experienced looseheads this season.

Assuming we lose either Eddie or Max I'd be more than happy for Fereti to take the EPS prop spot.

My only concern would be his young age. I don't really like young props playing at a high level. That's why I'd need 5 Super Ready props to want him.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

let it flow

Bob McCowan (2)
even an eps from the rebels is an effort to give a Victorian. the coach gets 2 years, so he needs quick results, or he's gone. that is why they don't have the time for them. fereti deserves a shot, otherwise it will be another loss to vic rugby. you make a national side, surely your good enough.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
We only brought in 2 experienced looseheads this season.

Assuming we lose either Eddie or Max I'd be more than happy for Fereti to take the EPS prop spot.

My only concern would be his young age. I don't really like young props playing at a high level. That's why I'd need 5 Super Ready props to want him.

Have you seen him play? He is a very capable scrummager who generally beats his opponent. Sure it's a huge step up from Dewar Shield to super rugby but the kid is strong and very solid. His technique is what makes him beat his opponents so hopefully with a couple of years of proper training under his belt he might make an impact at the next level.

T

tranquility

I would say with the Reds severing ties with Jono Owen, they would be going very hard for PAE. Not shit-stirring, but I think that is a very real chance of happening.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I would say with the Reds severing ties with Jono Owen, they would be going very hard for PAE. Not shit-stirring, but I think that is a very real chance of happening.

I don't doubt you. But this article gave me a lot of hope that he'd stay.

"It's more of a team this year; with the closer games, you can see the boys are more tight-knit than before. In other seasons there were a few superstar players and the group didn't seem as tight. Other years I used to try and pressure Paul to come back to Queensland, but not anymore.

"This year he hangs out a lot more with the boys, takes them to his church, and that's when you know it is a real family. It's very different to what I perceived in the other years, it's really come along, and I'm stoked for him.
"Melbourne is Paul's home now in terms of Rugby, even though Queensland is his state of birth, and he says that as well; it's where he wants to be."

http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/all-part-of-the-rebels-family

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
very good news about sam jeffries

critical (IMO) we re sign PAE and Woodward

Horie a priority if he is eligible, thought he was wasted sitting on the bench for most of last year.

would be great also if Ellison stays on, not counting on it however

Tex

John Thornett (49)
very good news about sam jeffries

critical (IMO) we re sign PAE and Woodward

Horie a priority if he is eligible, thought he was wasted sitting on the bench for most of last year.

would be great also if Ellison stays on, not counting on it however

I agree. I think it's reasonable to expect a degree of turnover in the list, especially as we still have yards to improve but those guys are core players and must be retained.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Unfortunately Woodward heading back to NZ at end of year has been confirmed. He wants to play for All Blacks.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Can't blame him.

He'll still be behind Ben Smith and Izzy Dagg but he's in good form.

Hurricanes have probably got him.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
According to the Rebels FB feed Barnes doesn't appear to be in their sights anymore.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Unfortunately Woodward heading back to NZ at end of year has been confirmed. He wants to play for All Blacks.

4tDKKEO.gif

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Well we need someone else. Harris isn't a total replacement for Woodward.
Especially since we are possibly losing Ellison as well

I thought Harris was signed as an inside back anyway to cover the potential loss of Ellison? Regardless, depth is key here, the last few weeks have shown this.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Regardless Harris is one signing. We still need a fullback and if we aren't getting Barnes I am not sure who is an option
debrezcini

clearly the rebels are going to be the feeder club for the remaining oz franchises, blooding those who can and weeding out those who can't play. do any of the rebel faithful really believe in 4 -5 years time when they are at their peak we will se PAE, Jones, English or McMahon playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.