• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Think Rodney Iona started as 10 in both Barbarians' games. Almost certain Asquith played 15 and was very dangerous ball in hand.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Rock Lobster all over it as usual, Rebels injury update:
Mike Harris 10 - 12 weeks
Colby Fainga'a 4 - 6 weeks

Others
Nic Stirzaker 1 - 2 weeks
Cam Crawford (hamstring) 2 - 3 weeks
Scott Fuglistaller (hip) 3 - 4 weeks
Tim Metcher & Sefanaia Naivalu indefinite

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
last year as i wrote above, the Rebels were very lucky with injuries (Sefa aside). this year, so far, more than their fair share. at least they will have some fresh returning players mid season when some of the others are tiring. (a bit of glass half full hope here)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Saw Nic was doing some promo work down at Brighton Grammar yesterday. If he was here, there was bugger all chance he was going to play in SA this weekend. Didn't realise Scott was injured too, leaves our backrow stocks a little short.

Noticed that Sam Jeffries was on the tour party. In that instance we can use Luke or Lopeti as backrow cover.

Still, not ideal having so many injuries so early in the season.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Rock Lobster all over it as usual, Rebels injury update:
Mike Harris 10 - 12 weeks
Colby Fainga'a 4 - 6 weeks

Others
Nic Stirzaker 1 - 2 weeks
Cam Crawford (hamstring) 2 - 3 weeks
Scott Fuglistaller (hip) 3 - 4 weeks
Tim Metcher & Sefanaia Naivalu indefinite

I'd love to see what correlation there is between official tweets on injuries and GAGR visits. I see a tweet, flick over here and there's already a stampede of chat. Some commission may be in order!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'd love to see what correlation there is between official tweets on injuries and GAGR visits. I see a tweet, flick over here and there's already a stampede of chat. Some commission may be in order!

Just pay us in Beer.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I wonder if Scott's hip was hurt by McMahon in the Samoa game? Sean smashed into a back jumping (a bit recklessly, imo) for a high ball and absolutely clattered Fug.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
If you get 23 from Rd 1, add Debreczeni and then add Retallick, Asquith & Matsushima, you get 27 people. Remove Colby & Mike - 25. Add Jeffries & Tom Moloney (photographed in Perth on social media) and you return to 27. That's a full touring squad and the standard number.

Basically means that Siliva and Cocker are the only un-injured players in Melbourne (don't know why Leota & Tuipulotu weren't on the injury update)

A fit squad of 29 players is not far off needing to call in reinforcements...

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If you get 23 from Rd 1, add Debreczeni and then add Retallick, Asquith & Matsushima, you get 27 people. Remove Colby & Mike - 25. Add Jeffries & Tom Moloney (photographed in Perth on social media) and you return to 27. That's a full touring squad and the standard number.

Basically means that Siliva and Cocker are the only un-injured players in Melbourne (don't know why Leota & Tuipulotu weren't on the injury update)

A fit squad of 29 players is not far off needing to call in reinforcements.

I reckon they are making calls already - not a great start, but hopefully we can hang in there until those on the verge return.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If we can avoid picking up more injuries till the first bye, everybody but Sefa, Metcher and Mike should be fit, (except for the U20s boys).

Also, is Fox injured or what?

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
So not a full injury list then. Would think we need to sign another back on injury replacement contract given Matsushima and Asquith are only two fit backs outside 23 you'd expect to be picked on Saturday and given Harris' and Naivalu's lengthy layoffs.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
It looked like we had a plan in mind but the inability to dent their defensive line just saw it crumble. The Bulls were pretty straightforward - beat the first tackle and offload.

Very disappointing and a setback imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.