• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i think the loss of harris has stuffed the attacking structures somewhat, no second playmaker. Placid still has a lot to learn, no chip kicks for a start. it also seemed that defensively they thought the Bulls would just punch it up the middle, finally the Bulls front row completely outplayed the Rebels, not in scrummaging but in those well known propping skills of running, swerving, jinking and off loading. the disappointing thing was that this was 4 points that really should have been snaffled.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
McGahan really needs to find space for Jordy Reid and Sam Jeffries. Both add some serious physicality to the defence.
The bulls were always going to be a serious struggle when you lose your star rookie in the warmup. English needs his contract ripped up, he's a complete liabilty. When Hodge returns placid should take his wing spot until SuperSef is ready

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
McGahan really needs to find space for Jordy Reid and Sam Jeffries. Both add some serious physicality to the defence.
The bulls were always going to be a serious struggle when you lose your star rookie in the warmup. English needs his contract ripped up, he's a complete liabilty. When Hodge returns placid should take his wing spot until SuperSef is ready
What happened to Engo? Started with so much promise a few years ago.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Must have been watching a different game from you blokes. He's been poor the last two seasons, and he was among the worst in the first half, but I thought he played strongly in the 2nd half.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Must have been watching a different game from you blokes. He's been poor the last two seasons, and he was among the worst in the first half, but I thought he played strongly in the 2nd half.

He was more involved in the 2nd half, but pulled a contender for 'shittest tackle of the season' handing the Bulls their first try of the 2nd half.
At any point Shipperly, Crawford, Hodge and Matsushima deserve to be ahead of him.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Don't know about Matsushima - he touched the ball twice, ran the ball into touch and was ragdolled.

And lets just cool the expectation jets on Hodge for a few weeks. The kid played one match and the papers up north have already attached 'future wallaby' to him.

Let the rookie play.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
What happened to Engo? Started with so much promise a few years ago.

That was when the side just attacked under Hill. English has never shown much under TT so I'm assuming the style does not suit him.

Will be another wing to prosper when they head overseas from the Rebels.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Agree with Tex that the hype around Hodge needs to come down a notch or two. As some in here have pointed out, he actually had a fairly average game against the Force with quite a few unforced errors against his name. I was quite shocked when Cheika talked him up as much as he did on Rugby 360.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Agree with Tex that the hype around Hodge needs to come down a notch or two. As some in here have pointed out, he actually had a fairly average game against the Force with quite a few unforced errors against his name. I was quite shocked when Cheika talked him up as much as he did on Rugby 360.

I think the producers were too, especially when they didn't have any footage queued for him (it was for Dave Horwitz).

T

TOCC

Mike Harris heading to Lyon next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Mike Harris heading to Lyon next year

Shit. Not shocked by this, but still shit news. Good luck to the man.

Now we begin the fast track of Hodge and Sefa as the centre pairing.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Actually, only rumoured to be close to terms?

ee5bcb2ab81819fa82f08b5afb9e6d44.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The fact that no canary jerseys eventuated from his move down south meant this was inevitable. Ellison probably gone too due to the international contract limits.

Be interesting to see how we look to line up in the future. Is Sefa's future at wing or 13? Hodge at fullback or 12? Inman at 12 or 13? Will Placid lock down a starting spot? Where do Engo and Crawf fit in?

And who will be their replacements? Do we look to pinch a Clark or a Fou or a Hutchison from the Sevens? Are any Vics in contention?

Obviously way too much of the Season to go for all this, but I can't help it.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Stick with Hodge/Placid at FB. Inman/Sefa/Sione in the Centers. Dom, Engo, Crawf out on the wings.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Would consider English in the centers and keep Sefa on the wing. That's if he gets his speed back after this injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.