• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
c901e0ef68c96a7eef2eef7f0f60b123.jpg

Who dis here? Is it Lomax?

Haha. It is Jackson Garden-Bachop, the new 10.

He's a slightly thick around the middle but he's not too bad.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't mind a 10 who can hold his own in contact if he finds himself in trouble.

No doubt the S&C team have measured his skinnies and torn him a new one, but on the street he wouldn't stand out.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The bloke looks fat, out of condition and in for a rotten pre-season. Hopefully TT and the fitness staff rip into him, because in this day and age it is unacceptable to expect a pro wage in sport and not to the hard yards off-field.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Haha. It is Jackson Garden-Bachop, the new 10.

He's a slightly thick around the middle but he's not too bad.

Let's contrast this tank with one of the AFL's top draft prospects. Pretty ripped for a schoolboy!
Ben-AINSWORTH.png

How can a guy who's been in semi a professional leagues for years allow himself to get that fat. I'm staggered.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Let's contrast this tank with one of the AFL's top draft prospects. Pretty ripped for a schoolboy!
Ben-AINSWORTH.png

How can a guy who's been in semi a professional leagues for years allow himself to get that fat. I'm staggered.

I checked out a few pictures of him on the net. He has a huge frame, but also appears to have carried weight for a fair bit of his career. That picture is also pretty unflattering - i would like to see a pic of him where his body isn't in its own shadow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I checked out a few pictures of him on the net. He has a huge frame, but also appears to have carried weight for a fair bit of his career. That picture is also pretty unflattering - i would like to see a pic of him where his body isn't in its own shadow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe the photographer just caught his fat side :)

He does appear to be carrying a bit of puppy fat. If you have a look at the video the Rebels posted of him on Facebook yesterday though he doesn't look nearly as bad as he does in that pic.

Couldn't find the video on YouTube but if you go to the Facebook page and scroll down a bit you'll see it.

https://www.facebook.com/melbournerebelsofficial/?fref=ts

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
The bloke looks fat, out of condition and in for a rotten pre-season. Hopefully TT and the fitness staff rip into him, because in this day and age it is unacceptable to expect a pro wage in sport and not to the hard yards off-field.
Seriously, the state of him. One guess as to why none of the Kiwi teams wanted him...

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Anyone catch the Wales-Japan game?

Mafi had a cracker.

12 runs for 69m + a try assist.
18 tackles, 1 missed.

He really seems to be a big game player.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Anyone catch the Wales-Japan game?

Mafi had a cracker.

12 runs for 69m + a try assist.
18 tackles, 1 missed.

He really seems to be a big game player.

Mafi had a great game. I thought Kotaro Matsushima had a good game at fullback too.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Mafi just excels on the international stage. Wasn't ridiculously impressed with him at Bath, but with Super Rugby being a bit closer to Test level than the English Premiership, we might just get a very good player.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
It's for this exact reason that I don't think Timani will play 8. Tony hasn't signed Mafi to sit him on the bench, in the same way he didn't sign Adam Thomson for a bench role last year.

Our depth in the back row remains very good, but not so much at lock; and that's where I think Lopeti will line up.

And for those saying 'Cheika will get in Tony's ear about where to play Lopeti', he tried that with Higgers when he wanted him playing 6 and McGahan ignored the request to the point that Higgers went overseas because he wasn't in realistic Wallaby reckoning.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Gee if you blokes aren't putting Colby to much use then we'll have him back, thanks. It can be a Fainga'a family reunion at the Brumbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.