• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Things that will kill are Rebels are lack of depth, lack of a balanced back row (we're talented there but not balanced), and lack of good locks (you need 3 and we have 1 and a couple of maybes).

I've heard old mate Toolis is broken for the year, so maybe we can sign someone who's kicking around. Potentially someone Japan-based. Joe Wheeler and Andries Bekker seem to be potential targets.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Unsettled? We'll likely have the 3rd year of the same halves pair, unless you know something I don't.

Yes, many fans want Meehan or that Wellington 10 to start, and not with zero merit, but that's not likely to happen.

We've also got the Wallaby 12 incumbent outside them and the Wallaby 8 (at times) inside them, so they're surrounded with test experience.

Unsettled as in two blokes who had their cards stamped as 'Wallaby' 2 years ago haven't progressed as we'd like them to have, to the point that we're not even 100% sure either one will start in that position in Round One

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Unsettled as in two blokes who had their cards stamped as 'Wallaby' 2 years ago haven't progressed as we'd like them to have, to the point that we're not even 100% sure either one will start in that position in Round One

I think that's a pretty different problem to 'unsettled' though. Perhaps too settled.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Meanwhile, we sgin Garden-Bachop & Volavola, the Brumbies sign Hawera, and this bloke is available again all of sudden. So frustrating, either he or Horrell would be a far better option than any of the aforementioned http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...aining-with-highlanders-as-italian-club-waits

Italian rugby, get your shit together.

In all fairness, Garden-Bachop is young and has a high ceiling, and Volavola has utility value and connects well into the Fijian-community the Rebels have been fostering.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^ Yep, RY you're welcome to Marty Banks. Has had some good performances in Mitre 10 and fewer in Super Rugby, but mostly pretty average. Either of Garden-Bachop or Hawera has more potential imo.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
^^^^^^ Yep, RY you're welcome to Marty Banks. Has had some good performances in Mitre 10 and fewer in Super Rugby, but mostly pretty average. Either of Garden-Bachop or Hawera has more potential imo.

Definitely agree to disagree on this one. In 2016, Banks would have been a starting 10 at 2 of the Australian franchises (Rebels, Reds) and would have been in the 23 at the Force & Tahs as well, most likely (once Beale got injured).

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
There's always potential guys like Hodge and McMahon will go home, but McMahon in particular has been here a long while.

As much as losing Hodge would suck, and adding in the fact that we have no reason to believe he is looking to move on, I do think Tuipulotu and Naivalu would be a perfectly good 12/13 combination going forward. I'd also love to see us steal a high ceiling playing like Magnay (on-field discipline aside), because it looks like he's stuck behind others at the Reds.

Hodge is dating Melbourne Vixens netballer Liz Watson so hopefully that will reduce any go home factor.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hodge is dating Melbourne Vixens netballer Liz Watson so hopefully that will reduce any go home factor.

These is how super-humans are born. A professional netball center (the most athletic position) with arguably the most athletic Wallaby.

Woah!

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought she was Wing Attack? No matter, a lethal combo to be sure!
You're probably right, I google searched and the main pic was her a center bib.

From watching women in my family play (and playing some social mixed) I gather these positions are reasonably similar so some people play both, with the exception that the center has to add value on both ends.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is it a reference to Sean McMahon getting married so he'll be too busy having sex for the next six months or something?

Like most people these days, I'm guessing they were already living together and it won't really change anything substantially.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
In fact, that will be tapering off.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.