• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hey Slim, have any of your cohorts down Melbourne way seen Sean training this week, or maybe last week allowing for the fact that the lad got married at a prestigious Mermaid Beach, beachfront property on Saturday.

I'm told he was walking fine down the "aisle" but wasn't actually running.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hey Slim, have any of your cohorts down Melbourne way seen Sean training this week, or maybe last week allowing for the fact that the lad got married at a prestigious Mermaid Beach, beachfront property on Saturday.

o_O

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)

Your mail is good Scrubber, he's gone for 8-10 weeks, Ankle rooted. Not training

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Your mail is good Scrubber, he's gone for 8-10 weeks, Ankle rooted. Not training
26f52d10bf88cfe5da46182837a1e23e.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ not to mention what looks like some vin ordinarie potentially going to waste....... must pack a punch, tho, looks like the poor bugger's toes up which can't be comfortable in a moonboot. Or maybe it's just some Bucks Night tomfoolery gone awry & Sean's too afraid to 'fess up?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I assume it is the injury he sustained in the Wallabies, but if that was the case you would have thought he would have had surgery then, rather than going snowboarding...

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
It is a big loss, but we do have a wealth of loose forwards that can go some way to plugging the gap.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It is a big loss, but we do have a wealth of loose forwards that can go some way to plugging the gap.

I was thinking that if you guys lost a player from any position, your lucky it was the backrow.

4. Jeffries
5. Timani
6. Reid
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi

Isn't bad at all. Quite a handy pack with a mixture of bruisers and workhorses.

Bench has only Fox / Leota as backrow cover though. Any more losses and your getting quite thin. Of course, Timani can always shift back to 6 or 8, but you don't have a huge amount of quality 2 rows either.

Worst comes to worst put Inman at 6 haha. Or see if you can borrow some of the Force's NRC pick ups (Figg, the Brisbane City 8 etc).

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
I was thinking that if you guys lost a player from any position, your lucky it was the backrow.

4. Jeffries
5. Timani
6. Reid
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi

Bench has only Fox / Leota as backrow cover though. Any more losses and your getting quite thin. Of course, Timani can always shift back to 6 or 8, but you don't have a huge amount of quality 2 rows either.

Worst comes to worst put Inman at 6 haha. Or see if you can borrow some of the Force's NRC pick ups (Figg, the Brisbane City 8 etc).

Think you'll see Fainga'a on the bench with those players, with a proper lock at second row - rettalick or day.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

4. Jeffries
5. Timani
6. Reid
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi

I would rather see something like -

4. Jeffries
5. Retallick/Cummins
6. Mafi
7. Reid
8. LT

We're going to need to play two locks that can take a line out with Reid/LT/Colby as the third option.

Our line out already gets pantsed on a regular basis. Going with only one primary jumper isn't going to make it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.