• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The boys following in the storms foot steps & spending a few days in absolute god’s country

Attachments

• A1E5B5CE-2137-4D9A-BC45-B710B43DADF2.png
    A1E5B5CE-2137-4D9A-BC45-B710B43DADF2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 136

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gee I hope Nick Jooste makes a go of it. The guy has slogged it out. Spending time with the Reds, Brumbies and Force and also playing Shute Shield. Still only 24
You would think time running out for Nick Jooste. Remember seeing him while in year 12 play in nrc Sydney stars game and make a great try. Just never kicked on for the talent hyped about back then. Watching him play games for eastern suburbs in Shute shield he did not stand out to me. Don’t get me wrong hope he makes a go of it too.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
1. Orr 2. Uelese 3. Pone
4. Philip 5. Hosea
6. Kemeny 8. Leota 7. Hardwick
9. Powell 10. Gordon 11. Vudogo 12. To'omua 13. Ili 14. Kellaway 15. Hodge
16. Hanson 17. Gibbon 18. Eloff 19. RHP 20. Wells 21. Sorovi 22. Nuu 23. Pincus

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
What do the Rebels fans think is their best 23?

1 Orr 2 Uelese
3/18 Eloff/Fa'amausili
4 Philip 5 Hosea
6 Leota
7 Hardwick
8 Wells

9 Powell
10 Gordan
11 Kellaway/Hodge
12 To'omua
13 Ili
14 Anderson
15 Kellaway/Hodge

16 Hanson
17 Gibbon
18/3 Eloff/Fa'amausili
19 Haylett-Penny/ Nowlan/ Icely
20 Kemeny/Wilkin
21 Sorovi
22 Viahu
23 Pincus

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
That's a pretty large pack. Hoping Hosea continues his form. Hopefully the return of Philip covers the loss of Naisarani. IM(very biased)O best starting lock pair in Aus and best overall depth for backrow.

Backline is where it gets... interesting. A lot riding on potential. A couple injuries and we're even more screwed.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not detracting from your comments Dct, but I reckon the Brumbies second row would be the equal of the Rebels and the Reds backrow is the strongest in the Aus side of the comp. Hope the Rebels have a successful year.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
That's a pretty large pack. Hoping Hosea continues his form. Hopefully the return of Philip covers the loss of Naisarani. IM(very biased)O best starting lock pair in Aus and best overall depth for backrow.

Backline is where it gets... interesting. A lot riding on potential. A couple injuries and we're even more screwed.
Saw Hosa play for Wests in QPR. Wasn't impressed. He is the guy you want to be good but just isn't yet.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Every Aust franchise has a gun Back Row Combo IMO

Brumbies - Samu, Valetini, Brown
Reds - Wright/ASY (Angus Scott-Young), McReight, Wilson
Rebels - Hardwick/Wilkin, Leota, Kemeny/Wells
Force - Anstee, Koteka/Callan, Stander
Tahs - Swinton, Hooper, Rahboni WV

You could make a strong case for any of the Tahs/Brumbies/Reds combinations.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Ahead of who? First squad had Swain, Timani, Phillip and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)?

When Swain got picked it was a flip of the coin for either of them. Swain went on to grab his opportunity & good on him. I honestly believe Hosea had a better SRAU but Swain had a better SRTT. Yes he should have been ahead of Timani

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, Hosea was awesome for the Rebels and I was shocked he wasn't picked for the Wallabies. Would have had him above Timani at least it was close with Swain (who went on to show his worth).

Lots of lock depth out there though with Neville another who would have made the squad if injury free.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
My back row comment was about the depth, I think other teams can put out a better starting 3.

Is RHP still kicking around? Who are our reserve locks?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
My back row comment was about the depth, I think other teams can put out a better starting 3.

Is RHP still kicking around? Who are our reserve locks?

Haylett-Penny/ Nowlan/ Icely/ Canham off the top of my head. All those guys were at the geelong camp last week.