• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
For the life of me I cant work out how Melbourne cant be set up in offices & a gym at the mcg & have a training ground open to the public like gosch's just outside in between the G & Jolimont station or even the other side in between the G & punt rd oval
Agree, amazing how the park lovers won't allow a oval to be placed in a park. But complain non stop that it's used as a car park. Well the oval will stop a lot of the car parking.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
2 x sides named for the "secret" trial

1st half

Orr
Hanson
Eloff
Nowlan
Hosea
Wells
Hardwick
Sam Wallis

Tuttle
Gordan
Viahu
Ili
Tonumaipea
Anderson
Worth

2nd half

Gibbon / Fa'agase
Ulese / Fourie
Van Nek
Haylett-Petty
Ben Tuiomamifili
Icely / Eyda Haisila
Wilkin
Ioane

Powell
Nick Jooste
Vudogo
Nu'u
Tonumaipea
Pincus
Mason Gordan

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well thats some interesting names - Jooste, Fourie, Fa'agasse; and George Worth still around.

so who's missing, Leota, Philip, Kellaway, Hodge, Too'mua, Sorovi,

oh and the gym is more advanced than i posted above on Sunday

Last edited:

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
well thats some interesting names - Jooste, Fourie, Fa'agasse; and George Worth still around.

so who's missing, Leota, Philip, Kellaway, Hodge, Too'mua, Sorovi,

oh and the gym is more advanced than i posted above on Sunday
Leota, Philip, Kellaway and Hodge would be on rest after spring tour, would not have expected them to play. Sorovi same as he was away with Fiji.
Have my doubts with Too'mua at the moment, not sure whats going on with him.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Leota, Philip, Kellaway and Hodge would be on rest after spring tour, would not have expected them to play. Sorovi same as he was away with Fiji.
Have my doubts with Too'mua at the moment, not sure whats going on with him.

Ah yep that makes sense about Sorovi. I dare say Pone will be geared up so he is ready for R1

Matt To'omua was concussed playing for the wallabies & a decision was made that he would have no contact pre christmas break

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Jooste signing must be on the quiet as did not here anything here. Becoming quickly a journeyman after stints with Brumbies and Force. Remember him in game with the stars in NRC when still in year 12 and looked a promising talent. Unfortunately that promise has not translated into pro game so far. Let see on 3rd go if Rebels can help take his game to a better level.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jooste signing must be on the quiet as did not here anything here. Becoming quickly a journeyman after stints with Brumbies and Force. Remember him in game with the stars in NRC when still in year 12 and looked a promising talent. Unfortunately that promise has not translated into pro game so far. Let see on 3rd go if Rebels can help take his game to a better level.
Also spent time in Queensland

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

I think he will just be cover, as previous stated To'omua coming back from concussion & Carter is only young we need someone in the squad like Iona for the brumbies

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think it is, he actually signed to play for New England over in the MLR.

Dont know what the deal is down here sth of the boarder we actually have a bit of depth in the front row so who knows
Yep I knew he had been at New England, and thought I saw he was in a NPC squad in NZ this season, though never saw him play.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Spent time in Reds wider training squad, I remember him playing in a trial match or two, never cracked the Reds match day squad though.

I think he might be suited for MLR if he doesn’t crack Super Rugby
Yep if can’t make the grade at rebels you would think mlr may be is next best option to get some pro development / money to chase his dream. After so many years plying
I think it is, he actually signed to play for New England over in the MLR.

Dont know what the deal is down here sth of the boarder we actually have a bit of depth in the front row so who knows
i don’t know about that much depth with 5 props on full contract outside of development players. Sef also useful as can play both loose head and tight head. 30 years old with bit of super rugby expierence and Japan league experience to add to his mlr experience.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yep if can’t make the grade at rebels you would think mlr may be is next best option to get some pro development / money to chase his dream. After so many years plying

i don’t know about that much depth with 5 props on full contract outside of development players. Sef also useful as can play both loose head and tight head. 30 years old with bit of super rugby expierence and Japan league experience to add to his mlr experience.

When I say depth I men't what you said, 4 players who can all start & some development players under that. I didnt mean Leinster depth lol.

Sef would add alot to the group & may be used as the 5th or 6th option but if he wants to play regular footy usa maybe his option. If he wants to get into coaching then this might be a great role for him