• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Some real positive news coming out of tonight. Of course I am really wrapped about Rob but I think Joey is really important of the re-signings.

Great work for the a VRU born & bread coach to get a crack within the coaching ranks.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Nothing from tonights announcement has filled me with any confidence for anything more then another below par season in 2022.

Really needed a big player signing to replace Koroibete, the signing of 3 squad players. None who would really be pushing the starting 15 is disappointing. Needed at least one for fans to be excited about.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Nothing from tonights announcement has filled me with any confidence for anything more then another below par season in 2022.

Really needed a big player signing to replace Koroibete, the signing of 3 squad players. None who would really be pushing the starting 15 is disappointing. Needed at least one for fans to be excited about.

Stiles as GM assuages me about Foote as HC. Sorovi was underrated at the Reds.

I'm sad about Koroibete and Naisarani leaving too but it's not like their miracle plays saved our season. We need to get the rest right before the fireworks.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Yes they are indeed squad players. Ioanne been in brumby academy but does not seem to have ever cracked match day 23. His youtube highlights real for Gungahlin was also so so. Sorovi is probably the bench 23 half while not sure about Joe Pincue as watch a bit of 7's but bit of unknown for me.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Who said they aren’t going to have a big player signing? This isn’t the last of the signings.

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Foote gave the Rebels some attacking ability in Super Rugby TT. Looking forward to seeing what he can do given a full season of Super Rugby. Looking forward to watching some more Melbourne Rebels matches out of their home grounds of Leichhardt Stadium!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What is interesting is that RA sent out a media release about the Leota re-signing, not mentioning any of the other players.

This would indicate, to me at least, that he is getting RA top up.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
According to the gospel of Wikipedia - we have 24 players signed for the new season, and there were were 35+ signed for last - logic would say there will be a fair few more signings in the next few weeks.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I watched the chat with Foote on Rugby Heaven and he impressed me. Articulate, mature and high levels of emotional intelligence.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sorovi is a good signing IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses Powell before the end of next season.

I reckon Queensland goofed backing Thomas, from what i've seen thus far.

Reactions: dru

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Moses will be capped by Fiji soon, which makes it hard to have a bench spot taking up the international quota. Same thing happened with Scott Maloua last year.

I thought Sorovi was Torres Strait Islander - is he part Fijian as well? Good player, very good recruit for Rebels I would say.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Moses will be capped by Fiji soon, which makes it hard to have a bench spot taking up the international quota.

Does it count if they weren't capped when signed? At this point he is still eligible for the Wallabies.

I wonder if that changes if he gets capped between signing and actually playing?