• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just posted this on the Force site.....
I suspect we are in for a major change at the top of Super Rugby AU. My prognostication is that the Force and the Rebels will be leading our Super Rugby efforts in 2025.
No tin hat necessary..................

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Had a past players day (afl) at my old club with Melb Uni playing on the ground next door. The new rooms are utterly spectacular. The old days you could never have afl/rugby on at the same time the space just wasn't there now there are 8 change rooms & the social rooms are double the size. We had our past players event with about 50 at the same time they had their president lunch.

On the actually footy I saw the 2nd half of Uni v Box Hill & it was terrible conditions but great to see end to end action with the ball flying around. They dont have the grounds but certainly the facilities to host a dewar shield + grades finals

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Had a past players day (afl) at my old club with Melb Uni playing on the ground next door. The new rooms are utterly spectacular. The old days you could never have afl/rugby on at the same time the space just wasn't there now there are 8 change rooms & the social rooms are double the size. We had our past players event with about 50 at the same time they had their president lunch.

On the actually footy I saw the 2nd half of Uni v Box Hill & it was terrible conditions but great to see end to end action with the ball flying around. They dont have the grounds but certainly the facilities to host a dewar shield + grades finals
Yes shitty conditions , new rooms look good, nice Presidents lunch and Uni won a pretty entertaining game. Still as cold as ever there when the wind blows.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yes shitty conditions , new rooms look good, nice Presidents lunch and Uni won a pretty entertaining game. Still as cold as ever there when the wind blows.

oh mate i lived it for a decade, straight down the middle of the ground from the zoo end, I feel for the hookers on the top ground with no wind protection how on earth there is ever a straight line out on that ground

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
9 Aps
9 state school
4 private/catholic shool
1 state sports academy school

also I see not 1 player listed at a club that's not a Dewar shield club.

18s.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'd like to think other schools have closed the gap, but final results still have St Kev's on top for now.
I did type my message blissfully unaware of how the season's going.

Good to see Brighton enjoying some success along with Haileybury. Both were the whipping boys when I played. Brighton's actually top of the table above SKV. I feel awful for Melbourne High, shouldn't be there.

What happened with St Kevin's loss against Geelong, 49-0 seems like a forfeit?

Also are St Patrick's still kicking around?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Maybe Skevvies aren't all that? :cool:

Won the last 10 premierships in a row. I think they're ok.

2 in the U18 academy, and one playing for Storm feeder. Plenty of depth there. Ed Lyons is a gun centre and will go well. A number f boys also playing the BaaBaa match in the coming weeks - mix of u16 and senior grade players.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I did type my message blissfully unaware of how the season's going.

Good to see Brighton enjoying some success along with Haileybury. Both were the whipping boys when I played. Brighton's actually top of the table above SKV. I feel awful for Melbourne High, shouldn't be there.

What happened with St Kevin's loss against Geelong, 49-0 seems like a forfeit?

Also are St Patrick's still kicking around?

Wasa 49-0 win to St Kevvies. Geelong mixed up the results. Can confirm that as my son played 1st XV that day. Still undefeated this season.

In fairness to Melbourne high, they should have done a St Pats and played 2nd Grade only. Well underdone across all age groups.

St Pats in 2nd XV, but looking to move up next year (I believe).

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Is Vaihu related Glen and David?

The team has Schoolboys U18. Has it been merged with the Rebels Academy players? I expect guys like Joey Fowler to be in the 10 for that.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wasa 49-0 win to St Kevvies. Geelong mixed up the results. Can confirm that as my son played 1st XV that day. Still undefeated this season.

In fairness to Melbourne high, they should have done a St Pats and played 2nd Grade only. Well underdone across all age groups.

St Pats in 2nd XV, but looking to move up next year (I believe).
Sneaky by Geelong. The table even has Skevins with a loss now aha. Good to know that nothing's challenging Skevvie's supremacy.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Sneaky by Geelong. The table even has Skevins with a loss now aha. Good to know that nothing's challenging Skevvie's supremacy.

Sneaky, but we know the truth. THey've really dropped the ball with Rugby this year, given they made the sem finals last year. At least one forfeit that I can recall against Brighton grammar. Probably didn't want the hammering.

Put it down to years of investment and retention of a gun coaching team. The old boys' network actively participates in coaching - tavl is down coaching the 16s (lovely boke too).